Unreleased QWERTY Motorola Phone for Sprint Shows Up 'In the Wild'; Maybe Next Photon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-slider-sprint.jpg

Here's a story we posted up on Android.net just yesterday, but it occurred to us today that some of you guys might be interested in this device, and the possibility that a version might make its way to Verizon. Tell us your thoughts.

A new QWERTY equipped phone from Motorola for Sprint just appeared "in the wild." As you can see from the pic above, we have a new as-yet-unheard-of phone coming to Sprint from Motorola. The device is very reminiscent of the Motorola Photon, at least in shape (except for the QWERTY slider), so it could be the rumored Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE. The way we know this is a Sprint phone is because of the Sprint Music Plus app visible in the picture. We can also see that the device has Ice Cream Sandwich already installed which is a great sign. If it is the Photon Q, then perhaps the "Q" stands for QWERTY. Sound off in the forums.

Source: Android.net via DroidMatters

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty similar to the D4, though there's something about it that I like a little better. That said, Moto is on my bad list, so alas, the two of us shall never meet.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Looks to me like Sprint is getting the D5 basically. I wouldnt be surprised to see a variant pop up on VZW as the D5 putting them at the D6 by the time I am due for an upgrade in December, but depending on the rumor mill, I might try to hold out for the D7 if it is just around the corner....