Unread Text Message Count

ARZ

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

If you don't know what I mean, here is an explanation. Every time I get a text message, the un-read message count shows something like the total amount of messages that the phone has received since it was new. With my original Droid, it would reset every time I read the messages and tell me the accurate count of the text messages I actually have NOT read yet.

Is there any way to fix this?

Can I download an APP or something?

I panic, every time I see more than 3 unread messages, because it usually means someone has been trying to get a hold of me and I didn't notice my texts. Plus its just plain WRONG. At least one Verizon support person told me they don't have a fix for it. I find this hard to believe, and hard to believe that when I searched it, I couldn't find any comments about it.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
What are you using to get this count? Is it the default messaging app, Go SMS, handcent...?

OP
A

ARZ

Reaction score
What are you using to get this count? Is it the default messaging app, Go SMS, handcent...?
I am not sure what program is actually generating that notification in the top tray.

I try to use Handsent exclusively, but I think there are some overlapping/redundant menu options in each program.

Good point though, I really never focused on disabling all the notifications from each program to see if this made the problem go away, then enabling the notification features of only one of the programs. I would assume only Handsent.

Ill try it and report back shortly.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Good point though

Yes, except I didn't make that point :). I can see however how the count in the notification tray could get confused by having notifications on by both apps, but I though it just gave you a report from each app.

I'm using Go SMS and their EX Launcher here with their EX Notification app. I don't get a count in the alert tray, but I do get one on the messaging icon in the dock. So far, its been accurate.

xaelith

Reaction score
Sometimes the stock messaging app will tell me I have an unread text even after I've read it, or have the conversation open. What works for me is I open the conversation in question (if it's not already) and then try to scroll down as if to see if there's another message beneath the last one I read.

If you have Blink or any other LED notification color changer, sometimes they will create multiple redundant message notifications as well.