Unmerge Facebook Contacts???

Buddnikk

Reaction score
Hi all - I just recently bought the Droid from Verizon (1.5 days ago) and love it so far, in my vast inexperience with the phone one issue I ran into is the phone merged my facebook contacts in and now when I go to compose a new message in the Handcent messenger I have to sift through tons of people to find the right contact. Is there anyway to fix this and get rid of the unnecessary contacts? They dont appear in my normal contact lists only when I am composing a new message. :motdroidvert:

~~ Buddnikk

Helmut

Reaction score
You can start typing a contacts name in the "to" field and will auto complete. If its listing people from facebook without phone numbers:

To filter out contacts that only have phone numbers listed in facebook:

1. open the main "contacts" app
2. press menu softkey
3. tap display options
3. tap the box at the top of the screen (only contacts with phones)

Alternatively you can sync facebook contacts with only those contacts you already have listed in your "phone book":
1.open the facebook app
2.navigate to the main screen (lists icons for news feed, friends, photos etc..)
3. press menu soft key
4.tap settings
5. scroll down and tap sync contacts
6. Select sync with existing contacts

OP
B

Buddnikk

Reaction score
Thanks Helmut, The problem is that I have the facebook account set not to sync. These people dont show in my normal contact list but they show in Handscent with mobile numbers when I try to compose a new msg.

Helmut

Reaction score
Hmmm.. maybe someone else will chime in, alternatively you can just use the "contacts" app to search for who you want to send the sms to and then select the little green smiley face bubble that pops up. May I also suggest an the google labs "gestures" search app available from the market (UR code below scan it with barcode scanner) this will allow you to "draw" who your looking for instead of scrolling through all your contacts

chart

*EDIT just saw your reply good to see you got it sorted out!

Last edited:
OP
B

Buddnikk

Reaction score
Thanks Helmut, The problem is that I have the facebook account set not to sync. These people dont show in my normal contact list but they show in Handscent with mobile numbers when I try to compose a new msg.
Success! Logged out of Facebook after double checking that it was set not to sync then tested composing a new msg and they weren't there. Logged back into FB and they havent appeared yet in contacts when I tested again. Thanks for the help!