Unlock Screen Tex Message Icon

jki1338583

Reaction score
So I downloaded GO SMS Pro because I wanted to be able to view my text messages
without unlocking my phone- which you can totally do once you install it and configure
it and crap. I disabled my default text messaging and that put the GO SMS Pro icon in
that screen I'm talking about (yay), but then I couldn't receive picture messages (boo). No, not
not be able to download them, someone would send me one and it wouldn't even be in my inbox.
Automatic retrieval of messages was turned on, GO SMS Pro is set to my default, but I still
couldn't get picture messages until I reactivated my factory installed texting program. So
everything is working ok and everything, its just the one icon on that damn unlock page
making me aggro.
Oh and holy crap does the battery life suck on this phone! I even am using smart actions to help
save battery life but it dies every day. Whah!

djspy

Reaction score
many of us find that smart actions actually worsen battery life. i personally disable it. have you tried the battery meter training? let the battery drain to 10% power off of your phone and charge it to 100% (i personally do it over night) do this two days in a row and you should be set.

phositadc

Reaction score
many of us find that smart actions actually worsen battery life. i personally disable it. have you tried the battery meter training? let the battery drain to 10% power off of your phone and charge it to 100% (i personally do it over night) do this two days in a row and you should be set.

Did you disable all 3 of the smart actions apps? Smart actions, smart actions fw, and Smart actions mot fw?

djspy

Reaction score
I only have two smart actions apps in my all apps section. I can only disable one but the FW can't be disabled. Also, switching to 3G will save you a lot of battery. To do that you can either open up you dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#* and click on Phone Information. Click where it has the GSM/CDMA/LTE etc etc and choose CDMA Auto (PRL). Second way to do this is to download an app called phone info. It takes you to the same Phone information Menu I mentioned before.

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
So I downloaded GO SMS Pro because I wanted to be able to view my text messages
without unlocking my phone- which you can totally do once you install it and configure
it and crap. I disabled my default text messaging and that put the GO SMS Pro icon in
that screen I'm talking about (yay), but then I couldn't receive picture messages (boo). No, not
not be able to download them, someone would send me one and it wouldn't even be in my inbox.
Automatic retrieval of messages was turned on, GO SMS Pro is set to my default, but I still
couldn't get picture messages until I reactivated my factory installed texting program. So
everything is working ok and everything, its just the one icon on that damn unlock page
making me aggro.
Oh and holy crap does the battery life suck on this phone! I even am using smart actions to help
save battery life but it dies every day. Whah!

You aren't being very clear with how long you are going between charges. I have been getting stellar battery life. Off charger around 7am and making it through the whole day. On Friday I went to a concert and was taking tons of pictures. Got home at midnight and still had 30% battery left.

I'm also using 2 smart actions. 1 for volume adjustment at night and a 2nd for data control at night if off charger.

I used GoSMS on my old phone but new texting app hasn't given me a reason to switch yet.

Sorry you are having a bad time with your phone.