unknown icons(to me at least) in status bar

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I'm kind of going about this wrong because I should have taken some screenshots before going back to a backup. I was messing around porting over oreo slice from liberty for fission 2.4.3 d2g. I did this in the same manner that I did for incinerated and fishaholic recently. Everything seemed fine for awhile. I then starting replacing only pngs in apks from my device with ones from oreoslice. I did about 5 of them..random stuff like maps, music, fancywidget, etc. Everything seemed to work fine with those as well.

So this morning I noticed I had an icon on the right side of my status bar. It was definitely an sd card icon but i'm not sure what it was signifying since my card was definitely not full. A little while later there was another unknown icon that was a circle. Later still there was an icon where my battery icon usually is that was a square with an arrow pointing right. Lastly, there was a red battery icon with a red x in the middle of it. My battery was at 90%.

So that was about enough for me and I went back to a recent nandroid backup and so far no weird icons. I'm assuming it had something to do with the apk pushing, but not sure what or why.

Anyone else had this issue or know what the icons are? I've seen threads in this forum and other places that list all of the various android status icons but these aren't any of those. I guess if nobody replies I may flash it back to my phone and take some screenshots for better descriptions.

EDIT: ok I went back and flashed the zip I had made of oreo, without the apk's and I immediately have 2 of the icons. The screenshots are messed up because of the invert colors thing but you get the idea. The one with the arrow is when the phone is unplugged and the one with the battery with the x is after plugging it in. Ohh yeah, and I just remembered lol, I also have 2 clock icons in my status bar. They aren't in the screenshots but there will be two of the clock icon you see on the right. I must have really done something wrong with this one heh. I mean everything works and no force closing or anything but not cool

View attachment 30218View attachment 30219

Last edited:

chrisl20

Reaction score
I have no idea what those icons are, but I recently came across the green box with an arrow pointing right, and a big circle with a small circle to its northeast...I just got this p.o.s d2g after having a d2 and Ive been messing around trying to get my phone how i want it...idk when it was exactly that they happened to me, but I think it was after I installed fission and did the sim card hotfix, and after that I tried flashing redsettings from droidpirate via metamorph...worked before, but didnt after I had put one of the themes available in the fission manager....Im not sure if this is because they arnt deodexd or what, but on stock fission it worked, and it didnt after any theme installation...so..idk wtf....I just want a black notification with a white clock, or no clock at all...and i know if its black it LOOKs like i dont have a clock, but then the pngs in the notification show up tabbed in from the right....let me know what you find out