Unknown Failure on game updates

Hartman3216

Reaction score
For the past few weeks I have been trying to get updates on some of my games like angry birds, angry birds seasons, and a few others. Everytime I try it will download but then it fails to install because of an unknown failure. I did root my phone a short time back but only a few of my game updates are failing, don't know if the root is the reason. If anyone has come across this problem any help if greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Maycoll

Reaction score
I have the same problem. My phone have never been rooted! So I don't think that's the problem. If any body knows what the problem is I would appreciate some help. Only solution right now is to unistall the app and reinstall.

Sent from my HTC Desire using DroidForums

OP
Hartman3216

Hartman3216

Reaction score
I also just tried downloading angry birds rio and it failed for the same 'unknown failure 18' as the other games.

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
I also just tried downloading angry birds rio and it failed for the same 'unknown failure 18' as the other games.

Had the same issue. Delete this file: \sdcard\.android_secure\smdl2tmp1.asec

OP
Hartman3216

Hartman3216

Reaction score
Was looking around for the file, but don't know where to search for it. I looked in the files program but then I couldn't figure out where it would be in there. Is there a way to search it, what am I missing?

OP
Hartman3216

Hartman3216

Reaction score
Tried installing updates and a new game no it says that it can't store on the sd card or usb storage. Does anyone know how to fix this?

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
Was looking around for the file, but don't know where to search for it. I looked in the files program but then I couldn't figure out where it would be in there. Is there a way to search it, what am I missing?

Try deleting it using your computer with your phone connected using USB.

OP
Hartman3216

Hartman3216

Reaction score
Yeah I plugged it into my computer and was able to delete the file from there and I was able to dl the games and updates.