Universal inbox vs facebook app notifications

numb1zero

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
The universal inbox (shipped app) has my facebook login information and I like that it keeps my contact list sync'd with my f/b account but when I get a f/b message, I'm notified twice. Once by the universal inbox and once by the f/b app. I know I can disable the f/b app notification but I prefer it to the screen I get with the universal inbox notification. Any suggestions as to how to disable the universal inbox's f/b message notification without removing the account thus disabling contact syncing?
Thanks in advance!
-Zero

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

brenneisec

Reaction score
you can still sync your contacts through the app. just go to settings in the app and at the bottom of the list their is an option to sync contacts

OP
N

numb1zero

Reaction score
Within the facebook app? cool thank you ill try that

-Zero
via DROID2

OP
N

numb1zero

Reaction score
Maybe I'm dumb but I can't seem to find any settings relating to contacts :(

-Zero
via DROID2

brenneisec

Reaction score
open the fb app. back out of the news feed to the main screen where you can select nes feed, profile, friends, etc. press your menu button. select settings. scroll to the bottom of the list

OP
N

numb1zero

Reaction score
Maybe i need to update my facebook app but i dont have that option. i did however find an option within the universal inbox app to disable account specific notifications thus solving my problem! thank you so much for your responses :)

-Zero
via DROID2

OP
N

numb1zero

Reaction score
Well I've since flashed apex and now have the same problem again. My previous workaround isn't an option I don't think and I still can't find that setting in the facebook settings.
aefc9192-2b30-7f95.jpg

(That's the bottom of the settings menu, all that isn't shown at the top is notification settings. I must be missing the contact list sync option somewhere...

-Zero
via DROID2

brenneisec

Reaction score
Ok now I know you're not crazy haha. What version of Facebook do you have?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App