Universal Androot.......now what?

Empyrian

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd start off by posting something. I do need a few answers though and feel confident that the droid forums can help me. First, I have recently rooted my Moto droid using Universal Androot. I was Stock 2.2 with the FRG01B build. Now that I have rooted my phone in this manner I wanted to know, well, whats next? I have Setcpu downloaded and ROMmanager as well. I Flashed clockworkmod recovery and downloaded the latest stable Cyanogen mod but when it booted into recovery I got the normal android recovery screen, which I had to access by hitting the volume up and camera key.

So to simplify things. 1. What is the correct method of installing a rom after rooting using universal Androot, and 2. What did I do wrong when downloading cyanogen mod?

Thank you for all your patience and I hope this thread will help anyone else who is in my position.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. In ROM Manager, scroll to the bottom and tap "Flash Alternate Recovery." After this is done, it will prompt you to flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Do this, and then, after it has finished, tap "Reboot into Recovery" again in ROM Manager. For some reason I had to do this in order to reboot into clockwork recovery.