Uninstalling apps not freeing space

guitarskoota

Reaction score
Hi. I have been uninstalling some apps to make room for the Max Payne download, and came across a strange problem. I noticed it when I uninstalled Zenbound, which is about a 100mb app. It was in my media area, and I uninstalled it, and never got any more free space. I rebooted the phone and everything and it didn't increase my listed space. So I reinstalled it, and it went to my phone area, and then all of a sudden my free space popped up in my media area. So I uninstalled it again, and it freed up the space then on my phone area too, sucessfully uninstalled.

My concern is how many other apps have done this, and is there any way to tell, or to clear these out? It seems like its linked to uninstalling apps that are on the media area. I am not rooted, and do not want to do a phone wipe if at all possible, as I have literally 500 apps/games installed that I dont feel like doing again.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my OG Droid I was running out of space quickly and didn't know why. I had a app called Disk Usage and when looking at it I saw that all my deleted emails from my Cox account, although gone from the server were still on the phone. In the end I deleted the account and used K-9, mainly because I could delete all in one shot, rather than individually.