Uninstall the native messeging app?

VPsteve

Reaction score
I want to uninstall or turn off the messaging app that came with my Droid. I have since downloaded and paid for "Handscent SMS" and prefer it much more. I find that when I get a text message, BOTH applications launch and now I have two text messages to deal with... one is enough. Any fix for me?

bhouse1587

Reaction score
I want to uninstall or turn off the messaging app that came with my Droid. I have since downloaded and paid for "Handscent SMS" and prefer it much more. I find that when I get a text message, BOTH applications launch and now I have two text messages to deal with... one is enough. Any fix for me?

Go into the settings for your messaging app (not handcent) and turn off notifications for messages. Now you will only get one. :)

warrior21

Reaction score
You can't uninstall the native one but once you turn off the notifications you won't receive any more duplicates

OP
V

VPsteve

Reaction score
Go into the settings for your messaging app (not handcent) and turn off notifications for messages. Now you will only get one. :)

You da Man...works perfectly! :icon_ banana:
Thanks
VPsteve

Staywide8

Reaction score
You can remove the native app, but you can't get mms messsages when that happens.

rossk78

Reaction score
The duplicate messages continue.I've unchecked everything on the stock messaging. Am I the only person who can't get rid of the duplicate texting?