Unable to Wipe Cache/Dalvik

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Alrighty lads and lasses, got a bit of a problem on my hands.

Been rooted on ME7 since the first time I booted up the phone. After seeing a handful of posts about SafeStrap and Hyperdrive now working for ME7, I wanted to take it for a spin.
However, it appears that my S4 is plagued with the inability to wipe the cache or dalvik partitions. I get the "Failed" message in SS, and a quick "error" message followed by a reboot through stock recovery.
Similarly, I cannot wipe data/factory reset through SS. I can do that through stock though.

As I haven't been able to track down any pertinent information on this issue (a few random threads around the web with no real answers) I was wondering if anyone has figured out what the issue might be or if there is a way to remedy it.

justind

Reaction score
Alrighty lads and lasses, got a bit of a problem on my hands.

Been rooted on ME7 since the first time I booted up the phone. After seeing a handful of posts about SafeStrap and Hyperdrive now working for ME7, I wanted to take it for a spin.
However, it appears that my S4 is plagued with the inability to wipe the cache or dalvik partitions. I get the "Failed" message in SS, and a quick "error" message followed by a reboot through stock recovery.
Similarly, I cannot wipe data/factory reset through SS. I can do that through stock though.

As I haven't been able to track down any pertinent information on this issue (a few random threads around the web with no real answers) I was wondering if anyone has figured out what the issue might be or if there is a way to remedy it.

Hey, just wanted to help you out. I was stuck in this situation like 5 minutes ago. don't worry about wiping from ss if you are installing hyperdrive. just create a rom slot, and install the hyperdrive rom and it will have you select to wipe as you are in it's setup pages. Also don't forget to uncheck reboot at the end so you can install the hashcodes.