Unable to Uninstall certain apps on Droid Razr - "uninstall not successful message"

spaberlejr

Reaction score
I am trying to uninstall a few apps ( Slacker, Verizon Mobile, MOTACTV ) I do not want on the phone and receive message "uninstall not successful".

So I did some reading re: bloatware, using Titanium backup, "freezing" , etc. but it appears I would need to root my phone to use these methods.

Is there any other way to remove these apps short of rooting the phone ?

If I decide to root the phone, could someone post the URL to the best process for doing so ( along with the fall back plan nescessary to re-instate the warranty if I have to ) ...

Thanks

xtor

Reaction score
Must have root, i did here ics has the option to remove pre installed apps

sent from my droid x or razr

OP
spaberlejr

spaberlejr

Reaction score
Must have root, i did here ics has the option to remove pre installed apps

sent from my droid x or razr

Thanks for responding. Nice to hear ICS will be able to do this --- heard it may be coming soon but not holding my breath

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
That bloat can make a guy mad cant it! lol FWIW, someone with a Bionic did some before and after bloat testing. He claims that the benchmarks, speed and battery life were pretty much un effected by the bloat.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
sorry but you gonna need root. on the brightside, if you uninstal the bloatware, you might have some problems when updating your software.

you can always hide the icon from the app drawer if you dont want to see it.

gling

Reaction score
if you uninstal the bloatware, you might have some problems when updating your software.

you can always hide the icon from the app drawer if you dont want to see it.

100% correct. If you start randomly deleting bloat, you will definitely lose the ability to receive future updates including ICS.
Rooting/unrooting the Razr is very quick and easy these days (search Doomlord) and freezing with Titanium BU gives you the ability to disable/hide unwanted apps and unfreeze when an OTA comes along. Even freezing certain bloat can cause problems with the function of other apps in the phone but at least you can unfreeze as opposed to deleting and being out of luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums