Unable to receive firmware updates on GT-I9500

srbh

Reaction score
I from India and i just got the S4.
I tried to get the OTA updates but i found that it said that latest updates have already been installed. I tried updating via kies but it said that this is the latest firmware. In about device it shows
Model number:
GT-I9500

Android Version:

Baseband Version:
I9500DDUAMDK

Kernel Version:
3.4.5-526212
se.infra@SEP-111 # 1
Tue Apr 23 23:00:57 KST 2013

Build Number:
JDQ39.I9500XXUAMDK

SELinux status:
Permissive

I factory reset the phone 3 times but it didn't help and i also tried using Kies on two different computers but the same result, its not updating. Please help..!!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

What has given you the impression that you're missing an update. Bsed on the posted information you ARE up-to-date. There is a patch/update that will be rolling out but few have it yet.

OP
S

srbh

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

What has given you the impression that you're missing an update. Bsed on the posted information you ARE up-to-date. There is a patch/update that will be rolling out but few have it yet.

No, i am not up to date. S4 owners in India already got the update long back. i have confirmed it on GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more... and also check out these

[video=youtube;NmHJOvjSh_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmHJOvjSh_I[/video]
[video=youtube;3dbkRoNw6H8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dbkRoNw6H8[/video]

Samsung has rolled out the updates, but i am not able to update. It is driving me nuts.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The updates are generally released to the carriers, then it's up to the carriers to make their own modifications to the update before releasing them to the phone. Being that I know at least 2 other 9500 owners who have not seen the updates yet I'm still not convinced that you are not as up-to-date as you're going to get at the moment.

If you know the person in the video is using the same carrier as you then maybe there is a problem.

OP
S

srbh

Reaction score
The updates are generally released to the carriers, then it's up to the carriers to make their own modifications to the update before releasing them to the phone. Being that I know at least 2 other 9500 owners who have not seen the updates yet I'm still not convinced that you are not as up-to-date as you're going to get at the moment.

If you know the person in the video is using the same carrier as you then maybe there is a problem.

Well, the person in the video and myself are having the International octa core version ( GT -I9500 ) This is UNLOCKED phone. Not tied to any carrier. Updates are received directly from Samsung. In India we don't get carrier locked phones except for iphone.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was unaware of that, however, I do know 2 other people with unlocked International S4s and they have not seen any updates. One of those people is in Thailand. I have no idea how it should work in India. If you have done factory resets and still don't see the updates there must be an explanation/reason.

OP
S

srbh

Reaction score
I was unaware of that, however, I do know 2 other people with unlocked International S4s and they have not seen any updates. One of those people is in Thailand. I have no idea how it should work in India. If you have done factory resets and still don't see the updates there must be an explanation/reason.

The only reason that i can think of is that samsung has temporarily suspended updates..