Unable to play/find videos transfered FROM pc TO droid...

liguy257

Reaction score
I've done a bunch of searching but can't find an answer so here goes... I never had a problem before so I don't know if it's related to an update or what, but I am unable to find videos transfered from my PC to my Droid. I used to convert the files then mount the phone and drag them over, and then they would be in my gallery.

What EXACT settings am I supposed to be using? I'm using a program called "Magic Video Converter", which is what I"ve always used. I pick "Quicktime" because that's the only setting where i see "H.264" as an option. I then adjust the settings to 848x480. This is what i've always done.

If I pick MPEG, there is no option for MPEG4, just 1 and 2. I've seen around the web that the settings should be MPEG4, H.264, but I don't see anything that says both of those. What's frustrating is that I've always used this program and have never had issues.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What do you mean when you say you can't 'find' the videos on your Droid??... you mean the player doesn't find them?... finally, have you tried RockPlayer?

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
What do you mean when you say you can't 'find' the videos on your Droid??... you mean the player doesn't find them?... finally, have you tried RockPlayer?

I mean they don't seem to actually be transferring to the phone. Used to go into the gallery and find them but now they're not there. I'm guesisng i'm using the wrong conversion settings but like I said, I'm doing what I've always done.

Am I supposed to be putting the video files into a specific folder on my droid? I think I've been putting them in "Downloads" as I did before.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I mean they don't seem to actually be transferring to the phone. Used to go into the gallery and find them but now they're not there. I'm guesisng i'm using the wrong conversion settings but like I said, I'm doing what I've always done.

Am I supposed to be putting the video files into a specific folder on my droid? I think I've been putting them in "Downloads" as I did before.
I would specifically place them into a 'Videos' folder.... and using the stock gallery app sometimes doesn't refresh the list until reboot... but if you launch a media player, it should show up... that's why I recommended Rock Player (it can also play AVI files...)

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
I would specifically place them into a 'Videos' folder.... and using the stock gallery app sometimes doesn't refresh the list until reboot... but if you launch a media player, it should show up... that's why I recommended Rock Player (it can also play AVI files...)

There is no Videos folder... I did download Rock Player, and I like it, but unfortunately it's only a trial version. I might get it for the simple fact of no longer having to convert AVI files before transferring then, but I still want to figure out why I can't just play the MPEG's from my PC like I used it.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

There is no Videos folder... I did download Rock Player, and I like it, but unfortunately it's only a trial version. I might get it for the simple fact of no longer having to convert AVI files before transferring then, but I still want to figure out why I can't just play the MPEG's from my PC like I used it.
You create your own 'Videos' folder on your SDCard. Then after transferring your MP4s from your PC to that folder, you can navigate to it and launch it... with either the stock media player or Rock Player.