Unable to boot into recovery, please help!

Afredo

Reaction score
When I power down the phone, hold volume down and power, volume down one space to select "Recovery" and hit the power button to select it, the "htc incredible" white screen flashes for a second, phone vibrates, and it goes to another screen with "Fastboot" at the top and 4 options: Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Bootloader, Power Down. As far as I know, when you select "Recovery" from the HBOOT screen its supposed to go to a black screen with an exclamation point, and from there you should be able to run the update.zip, correct? So why can't I get to this screen? The only file on my SD card is the update.zip, removed everything else. And I made sure its not accidentally named update.zip.zip

phatbank

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my incredible. It loads the main hboot/recovery screen but when i select recovery it cuts to a blank[black] screen and doesnt do anything else. I have to reseat battery.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP what are you trying to do and are you rooted?

phatbank

Reaction score
thank you for the reply.

I have an incredible with 2.2 installed, unrevoked it and have the superuser ninja, [but clicking the icon shows a blank[black] screen] and when I reboot with volume down + power I get the main Hboot/recovery screen.. I select recovery and it also goes to the blank screen..

--I have the cyanogenmod zip on the SD

I cant get the Clockworkmod Recovery to load.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you just get the phone? If so how long ago?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In recovery are there white bars going down the side of the screen?

phatbank

Reaction score
thats exactly right. frozen black screen with white bars down left/right side.

phatbank

Reaction score
Issue now.. I did as that thread said and now its stuck at the HTC incredible screen. white background and wont proceed. I can see the clockwork mod but it wont do anything more than show the menu..

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you flash a rom?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk