Ultimate droid rom

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Anyone use ultimate droid rom? Tips on install? Should I shouldn't I? Any help would be great! Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX

maderschramm

Reaction score
I'd say no. It's a release candidate with no usb support so you're kinda sol if you want to do...uh, anything, one your phone.

At least that's the last information I have on the subject, could have changed. I'd try the new ssx, that's where I'm gonna go in a few days.

RKramden

Reaction score
There is supposed to be a new RC coming out (#3) very shortly. I tried RC2 and it worked well, but I like the blur items on the stock rom, so I un-installed it and am waiting for RC3. However, I installed Darkslide (blurred) and love it. It's quick and runs great. The best way to decide IMO is to use the Droid X bootstrapper and make a backup of the stock ROM and then install a few (making backups after installs) and check them out. With the backups, you'll be able to switch between the ROMs and decide which will work best for you.

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Do you have a link to it?

Sent from my DROIDX

RKramden

Reaction score
Just go to the Market and search bootstrap. It'll be one of the first choices. Make sure you explicitly follow the installation instructions that come with each ROM.

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I have bootstrapper. Where do I get the roms with instruction?

Sent from my DROIDX

RKramden

Reaction score
for others, just look in the Droid X Roms Sections...there are more than a few...one of the more popular ones seems to be Rubix...haven't tried it myself...happy with Darkslide

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch. I'm gonna give it a shot. First custom rom........ I have a backup of stock with just root. Do the apps transfer? Ie bootstrapper and titanium? And root for that matter or will I have to reinstall?

Sent from my DROIDX

RKramden

Reaction score
One thing I found, you have to be REALLY patient for the apps to re-install (up to an hour? more?) I wasn't patient & DIDN'T have the pro version of TB so had to basically re-install each app individually. Now have pro and it's a snap to re-install. Read the first few pages of that link I sent you then do the install. You won't lose root btw

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Ok... "Hold onto your butts" here it goes... You might want to hang around in case I turn this thing into a paperweight...:icon_eek:

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Do you leave the file unzipped?? Or do you extract???

RKramden

Reaction score
leave it zipped....the installer will take care of all that for you after you wipe cache & data, (you did back up your apps & data Right?) you will choose install zip from sdcard. navigate to the DarkslideV4.1 zip file (use the volume up/down buttons) and hard press the camera button to select it. Now the real scary part comes....it'll ask you if you're really sure you want to install it, choose yes and then wait

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Ok... I am going to follow the instructions on that link to a "t" so I should be good. I am charging the phone I was less than 30%... Don't want to get caught in bootloader with a dead battery... :rofl3: