Ultimate Droid + Overclocked Kernels

hasweL

Reaction score
Is it possible to run an overclocked kernel (for example, one of P3Droid's kernels) with Ultimate Droid? Even more generally, is it possible to run just about any overclocked kernel on just about any custom ROM? Or are there generally compatibility issues?

Thanks,

-hasweL

frodroid

Reaction score
Is it possible to run an overclocked kernel (for example, one of P3Droid's kernels) with Ultimate Droid? Even more generally, is it possible to run just about any overclocked kernel on just about any custom ROM? Or are there generally compatibility issues?

Thanks,

-hasweL

I know that Chevys kernels are suggested for UD8 but those don't agree with my droid so I run P3s kernels with no issues. Be sure to find the most recent updated kernels for 2.2. Good luck.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Thanks,

-hasweL

You can run any kernel with any ROM...just have to find What works best with YOUR phone. They may run great on some phones but not so hot on others so you'll need to experiment.

wingdo

Reaction score
You can run any kernel with any ROM...just have to find What works best with YOUR phone. They may run great on some phones but not so hot on others so you'll need to experiment.

This is more or less correct. Any kernel can be run on any ROM, but some kernels may prevent you from using all aspects of a given ROM. i.e. Sapphire has full compcache support, but only cvpcs's and slayher's kernels currently support compcache. Since I run chevy's ULV kernels I do not have compcache support.

That being said, try different kernels and see what works best for you. Speed, battery life and heat are all considerations.

jlong006

Reaction score
Someone please help I have looked everywhere to find chevys kernals, does anyone know where I can find a list thanks.

neoj2

Reaction score
Someone please help I have looked everywhere to find chevys kernals, does anyone know where I can find a list thanks.

when you click on forums just scroll down to droid hacking and click on android roms. someone was nice enough to put all roms and corresponding kernels in one list for us. it should be the first post there.

donerico

Reaction score

Look in the Chevy1 section in this forum sand you'll find a link to all his kernels.
I just installed my first custom kernel ever (Chevy 1100 LV) and am extremely impressed so far.
I am running UD8 with the perfect smoked glass theme

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dang you people that can run Chevy's kernels!!!! Try and try but my phone gives me the finger.... you know which one.

Reaction score
I would also suggest giving slayher's kernels a try as well. For me, they've provided the highest level of performance. I haven't had the battery drain that some others have had with it either. Currently running UD8 w/ slayher 1.6 1100 LV kernel and have finally stopped serial flashing ROMs with this setup. Hope that helps.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Did u dload chev kernel via rom manager or his direct link? whenever i try to pull one of chevys kernels via rom manager i have probs but they werk fine via his direct link...posted in his forum...

dang you people that can run Chevy's kernels!!!! Try and try but my phone gives me the finger.... you know which one.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
go to chevy forum. there is a sticky for his froyo kernels. Click the index of froyo kernels and it takes you to the richstevenson source site to download.

droid15

Reaction score
I know that Chevys kernels are suggested for UD8 but those don't agree with my droid so I run P3s kernels with no issues. Be sure to find the most recent updated kernels for 2.2. Good luck.
Same here, when ever I try to use chevys kernels my droid crashes almost every half hour. I am currently using p3 droids but have been expiriencing an extremely short battery life 7 hours. I charge my droid in the morning don't touch it from 8am to 3pm Its usually 90% at 8am and 20% by 3 pm. I am using ud 8 and p3 droids low voltage 1.0 ghz kernel but I always keep it clocked at 600 mhz trying to save battery and this still happens.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same here, when ever I try to use chevys kernels my droid crashes almost every half hour. I am currently using p3 droids but have been expiriencing an extremely short battery life 7 hours. I charge my droid in the morning don't touch it from 8am to 3pm Its usually 90% at 8am and 20% by 3 pm. I am using ud 8 and p3 droids low voltage 1.0 ghz kernel but I always keep it clocked at 600 mhz trying to save battery and this still happens.

It sounds like you have something else going on than just a kernel. I'd check the battery usage at 3 and see what's killing your battery.