Ugh, did I really just do that....

FriedNScared

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razor Maxx
OK, so here's the story... It was morning, I just removed my Droid Razr Maxx off the charger and went to the kitchen to make my morning coffee. Not fully awake, I drop my phone (with protective case) and it lands less than gently on it's top left corner. No cracks on the screen, no loose parts rattling around inside the phone, not even "popped" loose anywhere on the phones shell. The phone was fully charged at the time of the drop, but it would not power on. I tied the "Power button" and "volume button" restart....black screen nothing! I plugged in the phone and Ah-ha!! LIFE.....or not. The Motorola emblem would flash on for less than a second, and then blink away back to a black screen....this flash of the "M" emblem would continue but only while plugged in, but the phone would not fully reboot and turn on.

Took the phone to CPR (Cell Phone Repair) and was told the circuit board (or maybe it was motherboard) was fried. That the phone battery was fine and the charging port was not damaged, but they too could not get the phone to power on.

I go to the Verizon store, get a new Maxx (not turbo) but since the old phone is not able to boot, I am unable to "Migrate" the phone data from the old phone to the new phone. That's the problem...I had recently recorded phone calls with the paid version of the Adrorec+ app, I was saving text messages by way of the GoSMS Pro app, screen shoots, and downloads of my ex in the act of vandalized my home, verbal threats during phone calls and other reckless behavior. I was stockpiling this info to support filling legal action to protect myself. Even though I had paid for the upgraded Adrorec+ app once I downloaded my apps via the Play Store<My Apps on the new phone, all recordings were gone...nothing in the files. Same w/ the GoSMS Pro app...and none of the previously stored messages carried over with the installation of the same app on the new phone. Google plus has my photos but not screen shots or downloads.

So without lecturing me on how the cloud works, how to back up files, it's my fault I didn't protect such sensitive info....is there anyway to recover what I guess is considered "local data/files" off the phone that wont boot?

Go easy on me here.....I'm plenty disappointed in myself...just lack the knowledge to know if there are other recovery options for the old phone.....appreciate your suggestions.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Does it have an sdcard you can plug into your PC?

OP
F

FriedNScared

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razor Maxx
Mustang02 - Unfortunately, no...it does have a SIM card, but no SD card.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Without power, I don't know of a way to get to your data..

OP
F

FriedNScared

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razor Maxx
Miller6386 - you're speaking over my head...please help me understand what ADB pulling is.

And everyone - thank you for being kind in your suggestions!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Best I can say now is Google search RAZR maxx recovery mode or adb... that will see if we can get to that point. If we can then we will proceed

Note 4tified

OP
F

FriedNScared

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razor Maxx
I connected the phone via USB into my notebook. I was able to get a generic screen to appear with multiple options such as: Recovery
Factory Reset
Something Else
Something Else

The phone stayed on this screen, I used the volume button to scroll down to Recovery and then didn't know how to "enter" on Recovery....tried the power button and the phone shut down again. The touch screen was not functioning either.

Side note: the phone is again starting to boot for maybe 3 seconds after the logo appears on the home screen, then goes blank again. My computer is chiming with each connection and again with each disconnect. So frustrating....it has the juice to turn on, but isn't following thru with the booting....Grrrrr!!!!!!

OP
F

FriedNScared

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razor Maxx
made it to recovery screen again, but it wont complete the boot in recovery mode either....I think it's a lost cause....what a weekend.

Thanks everyone....appreciate the help.