UD Bugs 3.1

jev

Reaction score
Can't mount usb through notification pulldown. It just re-flows when chosen. Hot reboot just stays on running comand.

wierdo124

Reaction score
I came here to post what jev did about Hot Reboot in settings not working

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can't mount usb through notification pulldown. It just re-flows when chosen. Hot reboot just stays on running comand.

That happened to me on 3.0.1 as well. Unplug usb and replug fixed for me.

tjs

Reaction score
I had a problem with gmail.
Fixed by restoring in titanium backup.
Alot of notification / ring tones are missing. Actually they are they are there but not working.Tried install with full wipe, still no good.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

v941726

Reaction score
D1- Some Text Messages don't come thru at all, DSP Manager FCs, Random Reboots, Stock Browser FCs, and Market starts downloading app, and when it says its done and you look under "My Apps" tab in the Market its nowhere to be found and when you search it in the Market it shows as if you never downloaded it

been having that market issue i think since the 2.3.4 market app came out. i think its a market problem. also it starts installing your apps for you whether you want it to or not. have to jump through a lot of hoops to get it not to

Rodeojones

Reaction score
I don't have any of the aforementioned bugs. I don't get this. How is it that if we're using the same phone some of you can have these bugs but I don't? And this has been the case with UD 3.0 and 3.0.1 (and every other GB ROM from other devs). To those of you with bugs, are you wiping before installing? And when I say "wiping" I don't mean selecting "wipe data/cache" when installing through ROM Manager (because selecting that doesn't actually wipe everything that needs to be wiped before installing).

Try this: Put the zip on your SD card. Reboot directly into ClockworkMod recovery (don't use ROM Manager). Select "wipe data/factory reset." Next go to Partitions Menu and select "Format Boot." Once that's done, select "Format System." Now go to Advanced and select "Clear Dalvik Cache." Now repeat everything above a second and then third time. I do everything three times to make sure no "leftovers" from previous ROMs stick around. Then choose the zip from your SD card. I even do all of this wiping before restoring a backup and as a result I have very few bugs. And if you use Titanium Backup, DON'T RESTORE ANY SYSTEM APPS.

Trust me, take the time to completely wipe everything multiple times and you won't have to take the time to deal with multiple bugs.

cujo6801

Reaction score
I don't have any of the aforementioned bugs. I don't get this. How is it that if we're using the same phone some of you can have these bugs but I don't? And this has been the case with UD 3.0 and 3.0.1 (and every other GB ROM from other devs). To those of you with bugs, are you wiping before installing? And when I say "wiping" I don't mean selecting "wipe data/cache" when installing through ROM Manager (because selecting that doesn't actually wipe everything that needs to be wiped before installing).

Try this: Put the zip on your SD card. Reboot directly into ClockworkMod recovery (don't use ROM Manager). Select "wipe data/factory reset." Next go to Partitions Menu and select "Format Boot." Once that's done, select "Format System." Now go to Advanced and select "Clear Dalvik Cache." Now repeat everything above a second and then third time. I do everything three times to make sure no "leftovers" from previous ROMs stick around. Then choose the zip from your SD card. I even do all of this wiping before restoring a backup and as a result I have very few bugs. And if you use Titanium Backup, DON'T RESTORE ANY SYSTEM APPS.

Trust me, take the time to completely wipe everything multiple times and you won't have to take the time to deal with multiple bugs.
this is so funny I was just thinking the same thing,I never have the same issue that everybody else has....because I do it the same way as you....people try this it works

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ditto on the no bugs.... never have. But i do my installs the same way..... :)

bikevision

Reaction score
twice now i have gotten stuck in a boot loop after everything was up up and running. first time was after installing nexus red theme. i didnt know about the theme chooser and thought i had to reboot to get it to work and it got stuck in a boot loop. the second time i was using wireless tether and then lost my internet for some reason. this would happen before 3.1 and rebooting would fix it. so i rebooted and it got stuck in boot loop again. had to do a full wipe and reinstall again. now im afraid to reboot.

atcjeff

Reaction score
Text and install problems

For those of you with the problems not receiving text messages, are you using the stock sms app or a third party app like handsent? I have read on other threads the same issue and it appears to be a problem with both gingerbread and handsent. Try uninstalling your third party sms app and just use the stock messaging app to see if that works. This is a known issue with the LGB rom as well.

As for installing a new rom, check out this thread on doing a clean install of new roms and restoring using TI backup.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pr...an-install-restore-using-titanium-backup.html

It has worked great for me so far. Read through the instructions carefully before starting, then read them again. The one thing they leave out is that you need to have a way of installing TI backup without signing into google to download it from the market. Before you flash ur new rom and after you have made all your backups in TI backup, open up TI and go into the settings and select the "more" option then press "create update.zip". In the options on the next screen, make sure "user application" is highlighted and then select the option to name the file "TitaniumBackup-3.6.x.x.zip" That way you don't overwrite any current update.zip you may have on your sdcard. Then click create update zip bar at the bottom to make your file. Some roms, like UD 3.1 do not come with TI backup preinstalled. This way after you flash your rom, go back into SPRecovery, select "install zip from sdcard", then select "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll down to find your file named TitaniumBackup and select it. It will install TI backup then when you reboot you can continue with your install following the instructions from GLD's post. I realize that some of you may not have a good back up at this point, so follow all the steps except do the google sign in an let your apps restore. Get all your settings the way you like them, update all your apps to the most current version then make a good back up with TI including system settins. Then you are all set for your next rom.

Last edited:

Rodeojones

Reaction score
actjeff...Thanks for the above info. I wasn't aware of that procedure for getting Titanium Backup on my phone without signing into Google. I always ended up unchecking Automatic Restore in the Privacy menu as well as unchecking Auto Sync before signing in. That way when I would sign in my apps didn't automatically start to download (and I could just manually download what I needed at that moment). Looks like I learned something new today.

shmoo

Reaction score

I've have never once used RM, and always do a full wipe of EVERYTHING before flashing a new ROM, and with GB I have always gotten the random reboots and not always being able to receive texts. We may be using the same phone but not all phones are the same. I plan on giving it a try I'm just a leery about it is all.

And as for the 3rd party messaging app I've used handcent, GO, and the stock messaging app and have had problems with all 3

Jizzylax

Reaction score
Keyboard autofix is broken.

JDROIDS

Reaction score
I am very careful when installing new roms and do everything 4 times as stated above but still experience some missed emails on all GB roms. Everything looks and runs well but then I see my email (I use the gmail app) doesn't go through (send or receive) but only a couple here and there. But it is very important for business that I receive all my emails so it is just not worth it for me to run a GB rom. I have a feeling, since these issues are sometimes very subtle, that some people are having these issues and don't even know it. I didn't know I was having issues until some people said I had not responded to their emails.

I know a ton goes into creating these roms so I appreciate all the devs hard work. With that said, since GB was not intended for the Droid 1, I think it just may not work 100%...yet.

Just my thoughts.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Only bug for me, cant apply the nexus red themet, Im still in testing but so far this rom flies, this is by far the best rom I have used to date....

How did you try to apply it? It worked fine for me.

Install the theme through UD Settings in Extras, then open Theme Chooser app and apply the theme. Should work...

Play a jam!

What Theme Chooser app???

Also for all of the people having a problem not receiving messages, or the phone not ringing I had the same problem, but I was able to fix it. What I did was format data and cache, then restore the Nand backup of the rooted stock firmware (I did a advanced Nand backup right after I rooted it for the first time, before I ever installed my first custom rom). I rebooted the phone and let it fully boot up. Then I rebooted to recovery again, format data and cache again, then installed UD 3.1.0. This solved all of my message problems. I am not sure if this was actually what fixed it, or just a coincidence, but it worked for me. Ultimate Droid 3.1.0 is running smooth now. Definetly worth all the trouble.

Its an app that comes with the ROM called Theme Chooser.

Play a jam!