Uconnect w/ RHB radio and Droid X

Addicted

Reaction score
I have the Droid X w/ Android 2.2.1 running. I just bought a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Nav radio running Uconnect. The radio version is RHB.
The X will pair with the radio but will then drop, reconnect, drop, etc... It will not stay connected. Few questions:
1. Anyone know if there is an update for RHB? if so, where to get it.
2. Does anyone know if it is an Android problem or RHB radio problem?
3. Anyone else have this issue? (surely I can't be the first, but maybe)
4. Is there an update from Verizon or for Android newer than what I have?

Thanks for any suggestions. Am stoked about the new Truck, but frustrated that my phone and truck can't talk to each other better.

OP
A

Addicted

Reaction score
Ok, update. My music will connect and stay connected. It streams great w/ no issues. However, the phone continues to connect and drop. I did notice that under bluetooth settings, if I click "options" on the uconnect device that the setting "use for phone audio" is unchecked. I can check it and leave and come right back to it and it will not stay checked. Annoying! Anybody?

Easyryder01

Reaction score
Your rhb radio probably needs to be updated, is it a nav radio and you added uconnect to it factory of course or is it uconnect that came withe the ram? I have 3 vehicles with uconnect and my wifes radio is nav from 07 and it had a problem connecting and disconnecting and the bluetooth had to be updated on her phone because my hano problems at all. The other 2 vehicles have mygig nav in them and she nor I have any problems at all. I have also updated my mygig nav radios and still she hano problem. In your case I need to know more before I can get you a more definitive answer because your phone should be up to date with the bluetooth.

OP
A

Addicted

Reaction score
Radio is a RHB w/ mygig Uconnect. It is a Nav system. It is the newer garmin radio's from what I can figure out.

Application: 20.02.01
Audio CPU: 081910
Gracenote: BA1
System: 0203

Truck is brand new off the truck from the factory less than 2 weeks ago. Should be up to date, but who knows. All I can tell you is that the dealer is clueless. So, I am hoping someone here might know.

bandit96

Reaction score
To get the droid x to work with the uconnect change the software in the phone. Im using apex and the uconnect and my droid work!!! The only thing i could not get to work was to get the phone book to upload. So i hope that works for everybody...

rednaxela

Reaction score
Me too

Addicted, I'm having the same problem with my wife's Droid 2 and the new RHB radio on our 2011 Wrangler. I can get it to pair as a streaming music device, but not as a phone. Extremely irritating.

lectricice

Reaction score
One Droid X works, other doesn't, with RHB radio

I am experiencing the same problems (connect, drop, reconnect, drop,...etc) with my wife's Droid X when pairing with the unconnect in our new Caliber (RHB radio). The pairing process went exactly as described in the uconnect instructions until we reached the point where the uconnect downloads the phonebook from the Droid X. My wife's phonebook did not transfer and I believe this is the source of the problem. I paired my Droid X successfully and my phonebook did transfer to the uconnect. Both Droid X's are running Android 2.2.1 and were purchased the same day. I can't find any difference in settings that would explain why one would work and not the other. Any ideas?

DMcKerrow

Reaction score
Just bought a new 2011 RAM 3500 truck with the RHB system in it and can't get either a Droid Incredible or a Droid2 to connect reliably. Niether the phone or streaming audio will work on either phone. Sometimes the streaming audio connects, but the audio is choppy and sounds speeded up.
Will post again after I talk to the dealer.

ed01tj

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Ram with Uconnect. My droid worked fine for the first 3 months then suddenly started same problem as described on this thread. Took the truck and phone to the dealer, they worked on it all day then finally they told me Chrysler said the phone had received and update that made it incompatable and that Chrysler would have an update to fix it in about one month (End of May '11)

MMAMOM2

Reaction score
Uconnect w/RHB radio and Droid 2

I just bought a 2011 Dodge Durango with the Nav radio. My Motorola Droid 2 wil pair, but will connect and drop repeatedly. The service manager tried to get it to pair and connect for over an hour, then told me the phone and radio's bluetooth are not compatible. I tried calling Verizon and Uconnect; no solutions. The phone pairs/connects fine to our Sonata and also pairs/connects with Sorento. My husband's phone (Samsung Convoy) pairs/connects fine with the Uconnect. Very frustrating.

supersaul

Reaction score
Droid X Fix

I too have felt all of your pain with this very frustrating issue. The problem is with text messaging. If you have any unread messages the phone will try to stream them to the RHB Radio.
1. Turn off bluetooth
2. Delete all of your text messages and re-connect
3. Enjoy your Radio! :icon_ banana:dancedroid

If you let your text messages build up without reading them the problem will return.

MMAMOM2

Reaction score
Uconnect w/ RHB radio and Droid X / Droid 3

Thank you supersaul!! It worked perfectly; I cannot thank you enough. I am curious as to what will happen if I receive a text message while connected, but for now, I'll take what I can get.

lectricice

Reaction score
I too have felt all of your pain with this very frustrating issue. The problem is with text messaging. If you have any unread messages the phone will try to stream them to the RHB Radio.
1. Turn off bluetooth
2. Delete all of your text messages and re-connect
3. Enjoy your Radio! :icon_ banana:dancedroid

If you let your text messages build up without reading them the problem will return.

Thank you, SuperSaul! Trips to car dealer AND Verizon did not work but deleting the text messages did!

One side note - to get the UConnect to accept the PIN entered on the phone during pairing I had to change the input method from "Swype" to "Multi-touch keyboard". The UConnect kept rejecting the PIN until I did this.

Thanks again!!