Live Stream Issues/Questions (Radio IO)

Reaction score
Ok guys, maybe you can help me. I have a Droid X on Verizon. It's up to date according to the auto update on the phone. I listen to Radio IO (BUBBA!) which is a live radio stream. My phone keeps dropping the stream. Every so often. Anywhere from 10 seconds to 1hr. And everything inbetween. My friend has a Verizon android incredible and it does not drop the stream as much. This is a very annoying problem. Driving down the road and I have to keep re-loading the page.. annoying and dangerous. Does anyone have this problem? Anything I can do to fix it? I went to a Verizon store and they were about useless; waste of my time.

kevinkar

Reaction score
I've had similar experience using TuneIn Radio over my home WiFi. Listening to a streamed podcast (BBC radio, for example) and it suddenly drops for no reason. I can't yet determine if it's the phone, router, or source. Perhaps your source is flaky, it's pausing due to network traffic, it just drops out, the phone says "Well, I guess that's done!" and your only alternative is to reload the page?

Is your friend listening to the same stream on the same roads at the same time and it's working for him or is it a different source stream while connecting to different cell towers and maybe not moving around?

Could be any number of issues, not necessarily just the phone. Were you using a different phone in the past that worked? Different network? Different carrier?

OP
H
Reaction score
My friend is on the same network: Verizon. We both work on the same job site, travel the same roads and live in the same apartment. By process of elimination it's my phone. for whatever reason.

Why the hell is my Droid X dropping my Radio IO stream!!! SO aggrivating.

PFM

Reaction score
I use TuneIn Radio to stream in the car and in cases where I have a problem I select a different stream speed from the list (i.e. drop from 192 kbps to 128 or 64) and usually see better results. TuneIn Radio shows the success rate / availability as a percentage next to the steams offered by that particular station.

TuneIn Radio is a great free app and you can stream Bubba using it.

OP
H
Reaction score
Perfect APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks. I just wonder how I will be able to log in using TuneIn starting march 1st.

PFM

Reaction score