Typing word assist

brettt777

Reaction score
When I first got my D2, there was a function that would come up whenever I would type a text or e-mail where after I would type one or two letters, a list of my commonly used words would come up along the bottom of the screen and I could just choose which word I wanted and continue. It could be a real time saver. I don't know what that function was called but somehow it got turned off and I haven't been able to figure out how to turn it back on. Anyone know what it's called and how I can get it back on?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Should be in Settings > Language & Keyboard

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
B

brettt777

Reaction score
Are you talking about User Dictionary? Mine is empty for some reason. I don't suppose there's an easy way to restore it besides one word at a time...?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Settings > Language and Keyboard > Multitouch settings > Show suggestions (checked)
Actually there was talk of a bug that sometimes caused texts sent from a Droid to be received with all boxes or boxes scattered throughout the text making it unreadable. One poster indicated that it happened to him whenever he used a suggested word. He tested it out, sending a text to his brother without using any suggested words, and again the exact same text using a suggested word (what's, for what it's worth). The text using the suggested word came out garbled while the previous one did not. In another discussion, Google is aware of this and another bug that causes texts to be sent to the wrong person. They are working on a fix.
For that reason, I have turned auto suggest (and auto punctuate and everything else) off. Who needs to worry about proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and complete words when texting anyway?

OP
B

brettt777

Reaction score
Okay I found that and it's all checked but it still doesn't work. It doesn't even try to work. Shouldn't it at least try to work even though my user dictionary is empty for some reason?
As for punctuation, etc. I am just anal about when I'm typing (not when I'm

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Be sure there is no other text messaging program on your phone.
Then try a battery pull, recheck your settings and see if it works.