Txt messages

captivatedvc

Reaction score
I recently had issues with not receiving txt messages for about a 12 hour period...i woke up in the middle of the night to find that i had gotten all the messages of people responding to me. Is there a reason for why i didn't get these messages until after my phone automatically restarted?
I was able to send messages but i didn't get any back until later...

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

huskur

Reaction score
There is a "night" setting on most text messaging services. Your notifications are likely turned off for a specific time period. Like midnight to 8 a.m. or something on those lines. First check your settings in your text messaging service. (whether it be stock or one from the market)

OP
C

captivatedvc

Reaction score
I thought about that but most of the messages i was supposed to receive were sent around 530 and 6 pm yesterday and i got them this morning around 6

Astaroth

Reaction score
I had this problem recently, wasn't receiving texts and couldnt send texts for about a week or so. Eventually contacted support, they got me to call *228, select option 2, and let the phone reprogram itself. Worked fine after that.

tt07

Reaction score
I had this problem a few weeks ago(something with Verizon's service) not getting any texts for a few hours and couldn't figure out exactly why. I sent myself a text message from the verizon website and it pushed all my texts to my phone. It has been working fine since so thats just a thought.

OP
C

captivatedvc

Reaction score
Thank you both...those solutions make sense and if I run into the problem again i will try both of these....thanks!