TWRP Available For The Nexus 6P!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Many of you have already received your Nexus 6P. Mine won't arrive until Friday, and it won't be in my hands until Friday evening since Google shipped it to the wrong address and refuse to make it right. For those of you that do have the device or will have it soon you we be delighted to learn that their is already an official build of TWRP recovery for your device!

TWRP will allow you to flash supersu to gain root access. You will also be able to flash roms and other customizations. The only downside to this is that it does not yet support decryption. That feature should be added soon. In order to install TWRP you will need to be bootloader unlocked. Grab the recovery from the link below.

via TWRP

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
YES!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Mine is supposed to leave late November from Huawei :(
Keep your fingers crossed, friend. Mine was supposed to leave "Early November" from Huawei. I got the shipment notification email yesterday. No tracking number though. They assured me that the email meant it had actually begun its journey though, they just didn't have a tracking number on it yet, so I should contact them again if I didn't receive another email in a few days.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Mine is supposed to leave late November from Huawei :(
Stay thirsty. You'll get it. It looks like some people who ordered last week are already getting theirs this week.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Now about TWRP! - Some good info on root over at XDA, some gotten it to work by flashing a new kernel with root and encryption disabled.

I need my new sim from "fi" and a few more success stories and then it's time to unlock, root, install AdAway and be happy