Two Californians Sue Google Inc. Over 15 Minute Return Policy

geoff5093

Reaction score
I see both sides, but generally 15 minutes is short enough to wear it's enough to load the app to make sure it launches, but not long enough so someone can use it for a one time and then return it.

RockmanSolo

Reaction score
15 minutes from purchase isn't fair, like others have mentioned some download times can exceed that. Now maybe 15 minutes after installation (if they could find a way to make it work) to me sounds a lot more reasonable. J think 15 minutes to try an app is plenty. If you don't have time to test it then just buy it later.

mikespe

Reaction score
Good luck! Apple doesn't allow refunds AT ALL! You can try to email support and if you have a good case they will refund you ONE TIME! Plus many of the iPad's apps are MUCH more expensive than on Android

Big Ry

Reaction score
I wonder if these guys even tried contacting google CS. I bought an album for $2 on black Friday but didn't realize it was edited. I purchased the unedited one later on sale for $3 and figured I'd just cut my loses. Something didn't go right with the DL, because the new album was edited too. I contacted Google and explained that I originally intended to buy the unedited version in the first place, and they fixed the DL and refunded my money for the edited album months after I purchased it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

swc2001

Reaction score
Ok this may or may not sound skeezy to some of yall. Heres what I do. I buy an app, I imediately Titanium Backup the App. Return it, try it out for an hour. If I like it, I go buy it again. If I dont I uninstall it then delete the Titanium Backup of it. Some apps this is not practical with.
Such as Modern Combat 3, because of the big download you have to do for it. Also some other apps that constantly check to see if you own rights to it. (although you can stick it in airplane mode and they work) So for me I use it as a try before you buy. However if you were dishonest you could be a jerk and not pay for the majority of apps.

One thing to think about if your a theif and are going to try this.... you can never get updates for the app!!
So be honest ppl

geoff5093

Reaction score
Ok this may or may not sound skeezy to some of yall. Heres what I do. I buy an app, I imediately Titanium Backup the App. Return it, try it out for an hour. If I like it, I go buy it again. If I dont I uninstall it then delete the Titanium Backup of it. Some apps this is not practical with.
Such as Modern Combat 3, because of the big download you have to do for it. Also some other apps that constantly check to see if you own rights to it. (although you can stick it in airplane mode and they work) So for me I use it as a try before you buy. However if you were dishonest you could be a jerk and not pay for the majority of apps.

One thing to think about if your a theif and are going to try this.... you can never get updates for the app!!
So be honest ppl
That doesn't sound like a good idea, I know of people who do that but if you purchase several apps it's quite the process. I can maybe see if you download it and for some reason you find out you can't test it out right away to do what you did, but for every app?

ballzdeap

Reaction score
People are ridiculous. Its $5.00 they are spending more on a lawyer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Well I'm guessing at this point it's more about the settlement they're hoping to get and less about the refund period...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
what this guy said!! some games, after d/ling from the market, require you to d/l that extra crap. even on strong wifi, it pushes the 15min window VERY close sometimes. 60 min seems much more reasonable

As of March 5th, the return window doesn't begin until the added content has finished downloading (Source, second full paragraph). I still think 15 minutes is inadequate, whereas 30 minutes should be enough.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
What a surprise. Some idiots in Commiefornia sue a major corporation to get rich.

GUMMY

Cegal

Reaction score
This is just absurd! People need to use the tools in front of them when looking to purchase anything including apps. There are user reviews a star rating and other such tools available. People are lucky that there is a return policy at all. Much like other digital media that can be copied so can apps. There is no return policy on DVDs or music.: if you can't tell if an app works or not in 15 minutes you have more issues than just loosing $4.99.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Here here, people are coddled too much in society as it is. Main point being, if it takes you longer than 15 minutes to figure out you don't want an app, you're a moron.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Good. Hopefully it expands the window to a more reasonable time to work with.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, does anybody find it funny that one of the guys in suit is suing Google over an app for copyright infringement (Torrent)?

GUMMY

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Also, does anybody find it funny that one of the guys in suit is suing Google over an app for copyright infringement (Torrent)?

GUMMY

The browser app preinstalled is an app for copyright infringement if you want to get technical. :p