Two apps installed themselves on my Droid

GranParadiso

Reaction score
I noticed recently that two apps have randomly installed themselves on my phone. I just flashed Peter Alfonso's GPA17 build of Android 2.3.5 SHOLES and they are still there.

One is called:

Gallery 3D by Rayman50

the other is called:

Superuser by ChainsDD

I don't want these apps on my phone and I can't find a way to uninstall them, even with Titanium Backup.

Again, I have an original Moto Droid with Peter Alfonso's GPA17 build of Android installed.

Anyone have any ideas??

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Superuser should be there with any custom ROM. You just probably got an update as the Market version of SuperUser was updated recently. SuperUser is the "control app" for SU (super User access). Without it, any application can take SU control and you do not want that. Super User allows you to allow or deny access to SU as apps call for it.

Gallery 3D is a common Gallery app used in custom ROMs.

You have nothing to worry about.

OP
GranParadiso

GranParadiso

Reaction score
@tcrews thanks for the reply. I have never noticed this behavior before where apps were installing themselves. Peter's ROM comes with a Superuser app and it works fine. You're saying this is just an update to the Superuser app already installed?

Also, I've never seen Gallery 3D install from the market when I've used Peter's ROM or anyone elses ROM. Why does it show up now?

OP
GranParadiso

GranParadiso

Reaction score
Gallery 3D is also very suspicious because I can't uninstall it. No other app does that.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Gallery 3D shows as being installed because the ROM you're using includes the stock Android Gallery app, and that's the same app, so the Market matches it up. Nothing to fear...

OP
GranParadiso

GranParadiso

Reaction score
Okay, well I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

rafita2884

Reaction score
I had similar problem but mine was called free advertising. And that is the new way some free apps work,allowing to install and app without permission . Those apps do not exist in my apps menu.

If that the case istall from market airpush detector.
This app will find the app that come with advertising and tell u the name of the app so u can choice to delete it or not