Turning on/off sound

anava73

Reaction score
My X has done this before but I don't understand why?? If it starts acting glitchy I do a factory reset. Well it will keep the "droid" sounds for only an hour or so but then it goes back to this loud horrible beep sound? Does anyone know why? It still is acting glitcy, and I haven't received the GB update yet. I am about ready to call VZ and do an exchange if I can't figure it out. Also is the GB ota update going out yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

skennelly

Reaction score
Check in settings>sounds>notification and see what tone is selected by default.

Sent from my DROID X in Western Illinois

OP
anava73

anava73

Reaction score
Been there, done that... the first time it happened I brought it to the attention of a tech at the vz store he didn't know what in the world was going on with it making this super loud horrendous low toned beep beep beep noise. That noise isn't even an option. If I factory reset my phone it goes back by default to "droid" then it changes itself to the beeps. I don't get it and gets really irritating to hear.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

skennelly

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to call vzw tech support. Tell them the issue, that you have taken it to the store, performed a reset, and that the problem persists. If you are within 14 days of purchase they will send a new phone. After 14 days they will send you a CLNR.

Sent from my DROIDX