Turned on D2G—All I have is Motorola logo

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I am indeed having fun with this. I'm setting bookmarks, adding apps, and sending voice texts. :)

I deleted those bookmarks...thank you!

One thing I'm having trouble with: So I can drag any icon on that horizontal widget list? Ok. Now, where's the trash can? I know that sounds ridiculous! LOL I don't see an icon for it.

Long press on any icon, your phone will vibrate and Icon will highlight with a color. without letting go of the icon drag it to the bottom of the screen and a trash can will appear let go and it should delete

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I got it. Thank you! Now I have more screen to add apps. :icon_ banana: I have the maps icon as the background and for some reason, it keeps showing me the map of northern TX, southern OK. Can I select the map location?

I'm not sure you saw the rest of what I wrote as I added it on later. Any advice there?

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I got it. Thank you! Now I have more screen to add apps. :icon_ banana: I have the maps icon as the background and for some reason, it keeps showing me the map of northern TX, southern OK. Can I select the map location?

I'm not sure you saw the rest of what I wrote as I added it on later. Any advice there?

About your email. I’ll be a teacher and let you figure that one out with this tip that will work with any app.
Long press on anything, most times will bring up a list of options, kinda like a right click in windows.
also
When you have an app running, or on your screen you can almost always hit the menu button, bottom left of your phone, and bring up more options.
As for your email account there is an option to add accounts and to turn off notifications (that will stop the phone from making noise every time you get a new email.

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score

About your email. I’ll be a teacher and let you figure that one out with this tip that will work with any app.
Long press on anything, most times will bring up a list of options, kinda like a right click in windows.
also
When you have an app running, or on your screen you can almost always hit the menu button, bottom left of your phone, and bring up more options.
As for your email account there is an option to add accounts and to turn off notifications (that will stop the phone from making noise every time you get a new email.
I respect the "teacher" format here. It helps me learn. Thanks to your direction, I have now turned off the sound for the email alert.

As for the adding another email account, here's what I did:

I clicked gmail icon
I clicked the menu button
Clicked accounts
Clicked Add Account

Here's where I'm stuck:

I don't see an icon for gmail even though I see one for Yahoo mail. I do see an email and google icon. When I click on "email" icon, it wants me to sign a "Motorola Service Agreement". So I backed out of it.

When I clicked on Google, it asks about setting up another Google account, I click on add another account and then I get a choice of answering if I have a google account or if I don't have one. Well, I have two gmail accounts and I have my primary one already set up. I'm wondering if I click on that I already have one if I'll cancel out my primary account.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
someone else is going to have to chime in with an answer for that question. I do not run Moto Blur anymore. I would look for an icon that just says email and that should send you to all the email accounts you have set up

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
someone else is going to have to chime in with an answer for that question. I do not run Moto Blur anymore. I would look for an icon that just says email and that should send you to all the email accounts you have set up
What's "Moto Blur"?

I clicked on the email link and got the motorola service agreement to sign. I thank you so much for all of your assistance!

Can anyone shed some light where TwoBuells left off?