Turn by turn navigation

thom71gt

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Droid X and it came with the turn by turn navigation installed. I just bought my wife a Droid becasue she wanted the slide out keyboard. I was told that it had the turn by turn navigation on it as well, but alas, it does not. I went to the app store and couldnt find it there. I've downloaded google maps, but that works more like the navigation I had when I was running an HTC with Windows Mobile, no turn by turn instructions.

What do I need to DL on the wifes phone to get the turn by turn directions like on my X? Im new to the X too (less than a week) so im a newbie to droid phones in general.

harrellj

Reaction score
The original Droid should have turn by turn on there. Just go to maps, click the menu button, find your destination and one of the options from the results should be navigate (rather than just directions). Optionally, press and hold the search button to bring up voice search and "navigate to" is a valid command.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Voice needs to be installed for turn by turn to work...
It should do this automatically..

OP
T

thom71gt

Reaction score
Ok, thank you everybody, I got it working.

Yup it does, used it yesterday to take my granddaughters home,

uh.... that sounds kind of funny. You don't know how to get to your granddaughters' home?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
google maps is good but actually if you say "navigate to ...(disneyland hopefully lol)" into your phone (got to hit the microphone search thingy, and it will take you to the actual turn by turn app.

OP
T

thom71gt

Reaction score