Turbo Battery replacement

JDH

Reaction score
I have had this turbo since day 1, in October 2014 and the battery is definitely showing it's age. I really like the phone and it does everything I need so, the question is , has anyone already replaced the battery?
I bought a battery for my Razer Maxx and paid a pro to install it but he failed. put the original back in and that was that. Soon thereafter I traded it.
I don't want the same experience with this Turbo.Thanks

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
FYI, Purchased this battery on Amazon
UoUo EQ40 Battery Replacement For Motorola Droid Turbo Verizon XT1254 XT1225 3.8V 3680mAh Li-ion Battery
Paid a pro to install and it is amazing. Just like when I first got the phone back in October 2014. It is an oem Motorolia factory replacement.After two full days I'm at 35%. light use. Dilly Dilly!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I saw a number of replacements on EBAY - eyeing one for about $12 that includes the tools.

Remember seeing a video of a teardown. It doesn't look terribly difficultif if you have the tools

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
FYI, Purchased this battery on Amazon
UoUo EQ40 Battery Replacement For Motorola Droid Turbo Verizon XT1254 XT1225 3.8V 3680mAh Li-ion Battery
Paid a pro to install and it is amazing. Just like when I first got the phone back in October 2014. It is an oem Motorolia factory replacement.After two full days I'm at 35%. light use. Dilly Dilly!

sounds good. glad things are working a whole lot better. one of these days they will come out with forever batteries so you wont have to worry about poor performace with age.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
I trust amazon more than ebay and as I said the one I got is actually a Motorola battery.
15.99 vs whatever you get from someone on eBay. I am very satisfied with the results I have. Good luck with yours.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I trust amazon more than ebay and as I said the one I got is actually a Motorola battery.
15.99 vs whatever you get from someone on eBay. I am very satisfied with the results I have. Good luck with yours.

Yeah, I'm definitely hesistant on EBAY. I actually saw the battery on Newegg for like $24. I'll look on Amazon. Thanks

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
sounds good. glad things are working a whole lot better. one of these days they will come out with forever batteries so you wont have to worry about poor performace with age.

Really can't complain if my phone makes it 3.5+ years. But I agree.

I might check out the Sony XZ1 compact. Looks pretty good, except I DO NOT get the 18:9 ratios, especially if there's no "notch".

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
I"m thinking next phone will be a Google FI project phone. My daughter in Richmond , VA has switched from Verizon to Google FI with a Android One Moto X4 and is experiencing excellent service for less than half what she was paying with V. I am satisfied with Android 6.01 as my os for now so I will probably get 5 years out of this Turbo.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry to hear about that. Those kind of look original, at least they have the correct Droid & Verizon logos.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. Those kind of look original, at least they have the correct Droid & Verizon logos.

Another seller showed them actually in packaging. Both are supposedly new OEM, and both sellers at least claim to ship in the US. The one with packaging is $10 more, plus another $5 for shipping. But it's blue, which is kind of tempting to me. Main hang-up is if these aren't OEM, will I just be trading one flaw for a more serious one?

I have no idea how long my backing will last. Got about a 1.5" separation started along one side, near the power button so I tend to feel it and get annoyed. It's otherwise barely noticeable, but it does "crackle' a little because it has pulled up a hair.

Considering the thing is nearly 4 years old and I've probably dropped it 10 times, not bad. Not a scratch otherwise.

BTW, mine doesn't have the VZW logo on the back (and I bought it at the VZW store)!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I could have sworn my ballistic gray / orange Turbo had a Verizon logos on the back along with the Droid logo. Maybe not, it's been a few years? I posted pics of it on here, I'll have to try and find that post, just for my own curiosity.

Hope you can get a new battery & back cover and all is good again as soon as possible.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Found the thread:

How is the ballistic nylon holding up?

I guess I was mistaken, there was only one logo on the back of my Turbo. And mine was gray & blue, not gray & orange. LOL. I wanted the gray & orange one buy could not find one.

03bddc7b736248928802462327c2c9dc.jpg

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Two logos; the droid text logo and the stylized "M" Motorola logo. jeesh.