Turbo 2 charging issue

k1601

Reaction score
My fiance has a turbo 2 that will not charge through a standard cord. It will charge wirelessly, but If plugged in it will not. It either flashes between charging and not charging rapidly, or just not charging at all. We've tried 2 different turbo chargers, and 1 generic USB charger. I've booted into safe mode with no change. Any other ideas what I could try to fix it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
My fiance has a turbo 2 that will not charge through a standard cord. It will charge wirelessly, but If plugged in it will not. It either flashes between charging and not charging rapidly, or just not charging at all. We've tried 2 different turbo chargers, and 1 generic USB charger. I've booted into safe mode with no change. Any other ideas what I could try to fix it?

That's been an issue. There are some Turbo 2 users that'll be chiming in at some point. @Sajo should be here shortly.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There were some Turbo 2's that had this issue with the early builds. My wife's phone was one. The only thing you can do is replace the phone, or continue to only charge it wirelessly. The standard response from Moto & Verizon has been:. If you bought it from Moto Maker contact Motorola for a warranty claim. If you bought it through Verizon contact them for a warranty claim. Sorry to hear her / his phone developed the issue. My wife's replacement (brand new not a refurb) has been flawless.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's been an issue. There are some Turbo 2 users that'll be chiming in at some point. @Sajo should be here shortly.

How did you know that?

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
There were some Turbo 2's that had this issue with the early builds. My wife's phone was one. The only thing you can do is replace the phone, or continue to only charge it wirelessly. The standard response from Moto & Verizon has been:. If you bought it from Moto Maker contact Motorola for a warranty claim. If you bought it through Verizon contact them for a warranty claim. Sorry to hear her / his phone developed the issue. My wife's replacement (brand new not a refurb) has been flawless.

Thanks for the info. I'll send her with my wireless charger for now, and she can stop by the Verizon store tomorrow. Hopefully there are no issues with the replacement and they get her taken care of.

Good call ;)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good luck. In the rare case they give her the runaround there is a long thread about the issue on the Moto Forum, in case they say "we never heard of this".

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
Good luck. In the rare case they give her the runaround there is a long thread about the issue on the Moto Forum, in case they say "we never heard of this".

Thanks. I'll track that down and send her with a link