Trying to use Motocast with 1st gen Droid phone??

tyrboss01

Reaction score
Will the Motocast software from Motorola not work on the original Verizon Droid phone?? I need to transfer some videos and pictures from my phone to my laptop but can't seem to find any software that will work on the original droid phones to do this?? I downloaded the Motocast software on to my laptop and then connected my phone but it won't work, just keeps telling me to connect a motorola phone to the USB cord. The phone is an original Motorola Verizon 1st generation droid phone that is still on Verizon network and still even has original Motorola battery connected. Motocast webpage lists 1st gen Driod as compatible phone, I even made sure that my screen wasn't locked and plugged the phone in again only to get the same message, can someone help??

vey

Reaction score
Did you install the motorola droid drivers on your laptop? Without them, your phone will not be recognized.
For a one time thing, you don't need software. Just put the phone in USB Storage mode (google for instructions), then the SD card will be a removeable hard drive.

If you are going to do this on a regular basis, then try myphoneexplorer.

OP
tyrboss01

tyrboss01

Reaction score
Did you install the motorola droid drivers on your laptop? Without them, your phone will not be recognized.
For a one time thing, you don't need software. Just put the phone in USB Storage mode (google for instructions), then the SD card will be a removeable hard drive.

If you are going to do this on a regular basis, then try myphoneexplorer.

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure about the drivers for the phone being loaded or not?? Is this something seperate from loading the Motocast software on my laptop?? If so where do I find the drivers?? Also I just figured out that I have a slot on my laptop for the SD card so I guess I could remove it from the phone like you said and then just slide the card into the laptop and transfer the files that way, does that sound right?? I just need to get some of the videos and pic off of my phone cause it's really slowing it down. I'll try the SD card first and see if that works and let you know, I'm not as good with computers and phones as I'd like to be so I really appreciate the help...Thanks

Update: my laptop doesn't have a slot for an SD card that small so I'm gonna have to figure out how to do it differently. I'll try the myphoneexplorer.com next I guess??

Last edited: