trying to root but having trouble downgrading...

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I have a root program for rooting the ThunderBolt- it pushes an update zip that I am supposed to install via HBOOT... but alas, I get the "main version is newer" error! So I know the point is to downgrade the firmware, and I can do that via RUU, I just don't know which one to get... Can someone point me in the right direction/help me out?

Thanks in advance.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Though this looks a lot like the method I used before in which when I tried to use the downgrade zip, HBOOT checked it then said "main version is newer"... Am I doing something wrong?

ziggy484

Reaction score
Though this looks a lot like the method I used before in which when I tried to use the downgrade zip, HBOOT checked it then said "main version is newer"... Am I doing something wrong?
auto root worked good for me, not too complicated... you could try that

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Tried that too...still gotta downgrade via zip though... I'm just downloading an "RUU.exe" (RUU program, not zip file) and will hope the firmware is low enough...605.1 so....

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Okay, not even RUU will work...I tried downgrading from 605.6 to 605.1 and it said something about the bootloader...Lovely, HTC pulled a Motorola with locking this thing down...

So any suggestions, I mean people root their Thunderbolts all the time, what am I missing, a setting or something?