Trying to NANDROID a DROID X. Having an issue.

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
Im trying to install MIUI on my Dad's DROID X here, but we seem to be having an issue.

I bootstrapped the DROID X using D2 Bootstrapper (for thats how my dad told me he gets into ClockworkMod recovery) , and got into Clockworkmod 2.5.0.8 (I think thats what version it was. Can't quite remember) recovery. Did a NANDroid backup before trying to install, wiped data/cache, and did the update.zip install

But, I got this error.

assert failed: run_program("/tmp/check_kernel")
== 0
E:Error in /SDCARD/MIUI.us_Shadow_1.7.22_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_Framework43.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

So I tried it again, same error, gave up, and now trying to do a Nandroid restore, but now it's doing this.

Checking MD5 sums....
Restoring system...

Things were happening, but now it just seem to lock up at

frame10.svgz

It's been like this for over 20 minutes.
I dont know if its safe to do a battery pull here, guys. Can someone tell me whats up?

milski65

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken miui is froyo. If you're using bootstrap2 you must be on a gb leak. They don't mix (froyo vs gb). I wish I could tell you a battery pull would do it, but I don't think that will help. Whatever you do, unless you have a backup battery, don't let the one in the phone die. I think you may have to sbf (full) back to froyo. Wish i could be more help.

Droid Diggler

Reaction score
Was it on Gingerbread or froyo? It has to be flashed from a froyo based rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
Oh? It was from the stock Gingerbread rom. I did a battery pull anyways, phone didn't boot. Im downloading an SBF for Froyo. Thanks for the help.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If the full sbf don't work dobthe systm only. Had that happen to me and that fixed it.

OP
T

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
But you need to be rooted to use d2. It can't work on the ota. Btw, nice set up on your og.

Doesn't matter anymore. I'm going to SBF it. Quick question. The DROID's battery is too low to use the SBF method at the moment. Is it actually charging at the M logo? Because thats where it's stuck at.

milski65

Reaction score
DO NOT sbf with a low battery. I honestly don't know if it's charging. You have a Verizon store nearby you can go to tomorrow and che k on charge status? Or borrow another school and charge your battery to be sure?

OP
T

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
DO NOT sbf with a low battery. I honestly don't know if it's charging. You have a Verizon store nearby you can go to tomorrow and che k on charge status? Or borrow another school and charge your battery to be sure?

Alright. Thanks for your help and information. Here's hoping this works out.

milski65

Reaction score
What's your status? I googled the charging while at the m logo. From what I've gathered it does not charge in that state. Are you going to hit a Verizion store today?

Edit: Found another post here. Seems Radio Shack has an external charger as well for 20. You may not have one around you, but you may be able to find a tech store that does carry one specific to the x battery. Would be a good investment.

OP
T

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
Tried charging via USB since AC did nothing at all. Green LED was on all night. Woke up to find Bootloader still saying Battery Low, Cannot Program.

I even tried to do an update.zip for stock 2.2, and I got the same issue as I was trying to install MIUI on there.

Reaction score
If you're stuck in bootloader with a low battery, you're screwed until you can find a way to charge your battery without using your phone.

Sounds like you need to SBF.

OP
T

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
If you're stuck in bootloader with a low battery, you're screwed until you can find a way to charge your battery without using your phone.

Sounds like you need to SBF.

Phone locks up at M logo. I have access to the STOCK Android recovery menu, and Bootloader. I cannot SBF because the battery doesn't seem to be charging no matter what.

I tried using a update.zip for stock 2.2 but I got the same issue as I was trying to install MIUI on it. If I can get a link to a clean WORKING 2.2 update.zip file, I can easily get out of this.