Trying to get rooted phone back to stock, phone freaking out!

craphat

Reaction score
Greetings all. A buddy of mine rooted my phone, then moved away. I tried to unroot it myself--big fail.

I tried following an unroot guide, but got hung up because I was in clockworkmod recovery as opposed to the default. I figured trying the reset to factory defaults would work, but after rebooting, my phone has no service, and any app I try to run just force closes. I've been combing forums for hours, but can't seem to find a solution that works.

I backed everything up, and at this point, I would be happy completely wiping it from scratch and starting fresh! But every time I try the reset to default, I am still in the rooted ROM my friend put on.

Some details:
- Firmware version: 2.1
- Kernel version: 2.6.29-omap1-g1c56172-dirty adamz@ubuntu #12
- Build number: Ultimate Droid 9.8

Please help me figure out how to get back to stock!

Reaction score
Hope this helps you out, I have never unrooted myself but this should work.

Download ROM Manager from the market:

Choose Download ROM
Choose Stock Images
Decide which you want (2.2 or 2.0.1)
Ensure you DON'T add the SU binaries or you will get rooted again
Let ROM Manager do all the work for you.

Hope this helps, I accept beer as payment dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

OP
C

craphat

Reaction score
Hm, that sounds like a nice plan, but I hit a snag. I HAD rom manager, but I must've wiped it when I did a factory reset. I opened the market to try to redownload it and it turns out I have no signal. I was able to successfully connect to my wifi network (1.5MBps, very reliable), but when I sign in with my Google account, I get the following error message: "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server."

Any ideas for how to get rom manager?

Reaction score
I'm tired and going to bed so I hope this gets you where you are going, if not someone else here can probably get you going.

1. You could try a wifi connection on your phone to get internet.
2. You could download it to your pc and push it to your sdcard and install from there.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The fastest way to unroot is with the sbf unroot.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that video shows the process for rsdlite, you will follow thw same process except the file you will use is 2.01 sbf. In fact you can follow the solutions in this thread: I want to unroot for the new froyo.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
dmuupdater11.apk will do it for you, simple app. you should be able to get it at droidmod.org

OP
C

craphat

Reaction score
Thanks, I followed the process for rsdlite and it worked! Appreciate the help!