Trying to get Neo EMU running. Need some help.

ngt

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the most updated neo-geo.zip bios with all of these:

0000-lo.lo (0x5a86cff2)
sfix.sfix (0xc2ea0cfd)
uni-bios_2_3.rom (0x27664eb5)
vs-bios.rom (0xf0e8f27d)
usa_2slt.bin (0xe72943de)
asia-s3.rom (0x91b64be3)
sp-s2.sp1 (0x9036d879)

so I can get the thing running. My old neo-geo.zip file only contails:

neogeo.rom
ng-lo
ng-sfix
ng-sm1

and unibios 1.3

Any help getting the updated file and setting this EMU up would really be appreciated! Not asking for any games, just the files I need to play them

thanks!

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
well, I found the files, but I still don't know how to label everything to find the games that are on there. I have all of those files listed in the neogeo.zip file. the neoEMU website said I need (numbers in parenthesis CRC-32) but I don't know what that is. I believe I have all of the files needed, but I just don't have it mapped out right in my phone or something. Can anyone help me out??

thanks!

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Legally I'm not sure if Neo Geo BIOS were released from the company, so the BIOS are ripped from a device.

Idk if anyone can help you here, but if you can show that its perfectly legal to distribute the files then I'll assist you :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
Legally I'm not sure if Neo Geo BIOS were released from the company, so the BIOS are ripped from a device.

Idk if anyone can help you here, but if you can show that its perfectly legal to distribute the files then I'll assist you :)

Well, if it helps, I already have all of the files. ( I think) I just need to know how to organize them on my phone and what to name stuff.

I have all of the files needed in a zip file named neogeo. I have a few game roms that I legally own in zip file format. (I have a couple of japanese neo geo 4 slot arcade cabinets and a bunch of legit MVS carts) That stuff is on my phone in a folder named "neogeo". That's all I've got. Not sure how to organize and label things or how to set it up. If you need the proof, I'll take pics of me in front of my cabinets holding up MVS carts with my droid razr maxx in my hand, lol. But that's the best I can do on legal stuff.

hopefully you can help me out

I load the app, go in, it says "load games", and I have a bunch of files to search through for the games and can't find them. Everything I click on just brings a black screen.

Last edited:
OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
still not sure what the "number in parenthesis CRC-32" is....

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
don't extract the zips... but extract your BIOS and use the unibios, rename it to uni-bios.from and go to settings the app and change the BIOS to unibios

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if I'm understanding you right, but I did what I thought you meant, but my bios selection on the app isn't lit up to select.

I extracted unibios 2.3 and renamed it uni-bios.from

Did you mean uni-bios.rom???, which makes more sense to me, but I did what you wrote anyways, as I know nothing about this.

Here's what I'm looking at:

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm going to keep giving this one a shot. One question, do I need to "ROOT" my phone before any of this stuff will work? Is that my this isn't working for me??

Also, I hit game list, and see this:

IMG_1324.jpg

I hit load game and see this:

IMG_1322-1.jpg

where should I be looking for the games?? The only place I found something that says "games" is under "usr".

thanks again for the help!

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
got it working, but half of my games dont work, says they're missing bin files :frown:

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nope root isn't required but try that app I linked to, I had in working in about 5 min... mist of the time was finding the files