True testament to the razr

ablank

Reaction score
Right now i'm 30 miles outside west Yellowstone. I've been coming here for 20 to visit family. I've used the Droid x as well as the lg ally and my parents now have those. I compared signal strength and: the ally has 1x two bars, the x has minimal 3g, razr checks in with full 3g coverage. Great radio for sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Right now i'm 30 miles outside west Yellowstone. I've been coming here for 20 to visit family. I've used the Droid x as well as the lg ally and my parents now have those. I compared signal strength and: the ally has 1x two bars, the x has minimal 3g, razr checks in with full 3g coverage. Great radio for sure.

That's Motorola for ya! I don't care what anyone says about Moto cellphones, NOBODY makes radios like Motorola!

dsprik

Reaction score
5 years ago, we had been told that Moto had the best radios by far of all cell phones of the day. After moving to a fringe area and having significant call dropping problems, my wife and I both traded in our LG phones and picked up moto razrs (the grandfather version). Night and day reception difference.

After spending the last 2 years in a fringe area with my HTC Dinc with much worse recption than my wife's LG Choc Touch sitting right next to me, I am going back to Moto as I understand they are STILL number one in reception. Same vzn rep also informed me that HTC was at the bottom of the heap in this category - I love everything else about the Dinc - with Samsung and LG being in the middle of the road.

Last edited:

MrTommy

Reaction score
That's Motorola for ya! I don't care what anyone says about Moto cellphones, NOBODY makes radios like Motorola!

That's a no-****ter there FoxKat. Motorola has been making military grade radios since Marconi (well, almost). Though I never equated that to phones, I think I agree with you. My Moto I has been through a horrendous big-truck wreck (I posted pix here almost two years ago), and this past spring I lost it off the fender of my ATV in Southern Nevada. Wifey and I searched for several hours, and she finally spotted it laying on some deadwood off to the side of the trail. I now have a name for my phone. It's "Lucky". Ha. Point being, this Motorola machinery has taken a beating, and like Timex, keeps on ticking. I LOVE it!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's a no-****ter there FoxKat. Motorola has been making military grade radios since Marconi (well, almost). Though I never equated that to phones, I think I agree with you. My Moto I has been through a horrendous big-truck wreck (I posted pix here almost two years ago), and this past spring I lost it off the fender of my ATV in Southern Nevada. Wifey and I searched for several hours, and she finally spotted it laying on some deadwood off to the side of the trail. I now have a name for my phone. It's "Lucky". Ha. Point being, this Motorola machinery has taken a beating, and like Timex, keeps on ticking. I LOVE it!

You are so right. I've done a ton of research on the big M and have owned many different radios manufactured by them. From scanners to transceivers to receivers, base stations and handhelds. Their precision and performance never cease to impress.

My very first cellular phone was a Motorola full install kit phone, under-seat transceiver, full cradle phone handset, hands-free while driving, full analog, 3 Watts of power, an amazing phone. It was after being one of a very small handful of people that actually had a car phone for three years that I went to work for a Bell Atlantic Mobile cellular dealer and got to play with (but never owned) the famed very first Motorola 8000 handheld cellular phone (AKA The Brick).

That was 1993, I got 4 phone numbers in numerical hundreds order (triple 0s, 100, 200 & 300), and still have the first three of them now on a family plan (mine is the triple zeros). I've owned many different phones since then, and installed many myself for customers. Even though I have not been 100% faithful to M, I've come back more often than not, and have owned several Moto phones, but this is my first RAZR. I can honestly say, Nobody makes a cellular phone like Motorola.