Trouble Mounting as USB / Syncing with iTunes

Impunity

Reaction score
Hi all,

Brand new to the forum and the world of smart phones here, just wanted to first give my thanks to the admins and folks that provide such detailed help.

I'd like to give a run-down of the issue I'm having with syncing my Droid Incredible to iTunes. I found the following article on knowyourcell.com:

How to sync the HTC DROID Incredible with iTunes - Know Your Cell

I'm running Windows XP and was able to install iTunes Agent with no problem at all. I plugged my phone into a USB port on my computer and was prompted with the option to mount as a drive. I did this, and it successfully added itself as F: Verizon Mobile. In this drive there are the following sub-folders / files:

• drv
  • img
  • TL-Bootstrap
  • autorun (setup info txt file)
  • tibs (config setting txt file)

Now, that "how-to" says to create a folder called "Music" on the mounted Droid. When I tried to do this I got an "Unable, access denied" type message. I tried manually dragging mp3 files into the F: Verizon Mobile drive with the same results.

What am I missing here? The guide on knowyourcell.com seemed so simplistic and I'm now roadblocked because I cannot manipulate my mounted Droid Incredible. My goal is to simply grab a few songs and get them into the stock Music application so I can clip them and make a few ringtones. The stock ringtones on this phone are utterly horrible (and it didn't even come with the "DROID!" sound byte).

Any help / hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are you trying to do this on the internal memory of the device or the sdcard?

Sounds like you are trying to place the files on the internal 8gb of ram. Which you can't do.

OP
I

Impunity

Reaction score
edit: Nevermind! I realized that when you mount the phone there are actually two drives that activate...the phone's internal storage (which you clearly cannot manipulate) and the SD card.

I should be OK now, when I go home tonight I'll give her another try.

Last edited:

loonyhiker

Reaction score
When I plug my phone into my laptop, it shows 3 new drives (F, G, and H). I'm not sure what F and G are and which one is my 4G sd card that Ihave installed. I have moved my music files from my itunes library on to both the F and the G. But when I go to my phone, how do I open those files?

drtnsnw

Reaction score
instead of jumping through all those hoops, just use your SD card as a drive and drag and drop the files with the music to a floder labeled music. I have hundreds of songs on my inc done just this way and all work perfect

Chris

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Don't know till you get it hooked up. I actually named mine Dinc aND Dincsd so I could tell which was which easier.

Chris

loonyhiker

Reaction score
Thanks! I found it! It seems to work if it is on the F drive. I have no idea how to access the stuff on the G drive though so I will just move things to the F drive as I get space. (I have tons of music and podcasts!)