Trouble deleting emails from trash

RJLOMMD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GALAXY S7 Edge
I'm having a problem deleting all my trashed emails. Since I've gotten the S5 I've been getting rid of emails quickly. They also reside on my PC's Outlook so I decided not to have 875 emails cluttering up the S5.I use the combined view for my 2 non-Gmail accounts. All was working well until recently when there appeared to be 52 emails that remain even after I select all. 42 are from one account and the other 10 from the other account. I've tried deleting the trash from each account separately but the 52 keep reappearing when I "Show all folders" in the combined view (and the 42 from one and 10 from the other when I look at each account).
How can I delete this peskly "deck-of-cards" (52) emails? I guess the most drastic would be to delete the two accounts and start all over, but I'm curious to know how it might have happened in the first place.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here's a picture of the situation. The only difference in the 3rd image is that after I delete, what shows as remaining in the trash is 52.

TEMP IMAGES.jpg

Attachments

• TEMP IMAGES.jpg
    TEMP IMAGES.jpg
    748.5 KB · Views: 354

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
In settings ensure that it is deleting them on the server and not only the local folder.