Help emptying trash folder in email

loknload

Reaction score
I have my personal email coming to my S3. When I get done reading a message, I delete it and then hit "show all folders" and choose "trash". The weird part is that all of the emails that I have previuosly deleted from the trash will magically reappear. I will hit delete all and the trash bin will show they have all been deleted but the next time I send an email to the trash from the inbox and then choose the trash folder to empty it, all of the previously deleted emails show back up. I have gone onto my PC and opened email and the trash bin is empty so I don't think they are getting repopulated from there. What setting is wrong? Also, I don't understand some of the sync settings like "period to sync email"settings. Mine is set to 1 month or 100 emails. The "sync schedule" is set to 5 minutes for peak and 15 minutes for off peak. What does "push" mean? None of the peak days are highlighted and my peak hours are set at 5 am to 9 pm. Does anybody know if there's a good tutorial for these phones? Thanks for the help.

OP
loknload

loknload

Reaction score
OK, so I completely deleted my personal email (@msn.com) account and set it up again. It seems that the problem of the previously deleted emails coming back might be solved. I also figured out that "period to sync email" is the period to keep emails in the inbox so mine being set at 1 month or 100 emails means that (I think) my emails will stay in the inbox until I have 100 emails in there. What I don't understand is that I can set the email to "push" and send myself test emails and I don't get them until between 10 and 20 minutes later. Even if I set peak to 5 minutes and off peak to 5 or 15 minutes, I don't get emails until well over 15 minutes later and I'm still at a loss for the days of the week thing. Anyone?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This is all foriegn to me. Is this the stock email app that came with the phone or one that you installed? Usually you have choices to push or pull email. You can set it up to have your email delivered to your phone immediately (or almost immediately) or you can set it to check for any emails in time slots (every 15m, 30m, 1 hour, 4 hours, etc). Then usually you have a choice to set it up to delete emails off your server (your pc) as you delete them from your phone or to not delete from server. And then there are usually options for how often you want to sync your phones emails and calendar to your server email and calendar. I'm not sure what the says of the week mean. Maybe someone with that email app will have more answers.