Trouble after ota update... Nothing I try works...

66chevelless

Reaction score
I have read many posts on this and other forums that offer ways to regain root after the ota 2.2.1 update for DX. It seems that the z4root option is highly recommended but I cant get it to even open. I have followed a few links in this forum and finally got it to download to the phone (using my phone to dowload to) but when I go to open the apk (by clicking on it) it errors saying that it cant parse. Thats as Far as I get. What am I doing wrong?

OP

66chevelless

Reaction score
Thanks scf...

I tried downloading it again... Same error. Then I decided to use my brain a little...found the download from a different source... Worked like a charm...back up and rooted. Completely different question... After the update did all droid x's vibrate sound change to a weird sweeping low to high frequency sound?

scf

Reaction score
*blankstare*

Newp.

btw - I miss our '70 2dr 307/potatoglide. *sigh*

OP

66chevelless

Reaction score
*blankstare*

Newp.

btw - I miss our '70 2dr 307/potatoglide. *sigh*

I am fed up with my '66 right now... The car is in perfect condition but blew a transmission last summer so in the fall I ordered a brand new racing version m22. Was warming it up in the garage last week and blew up the new trans IN NEUTRAL!

luuuuuuukee

Reaction score
I tried downloading it again... Same error. Then I decided to use my brain a little...found the download from a different source... Worked like a charm...back up and rooted. Completely different question... After the update did all droid x's vibrate sound change to a weird sweeping low to high frequency sound?

Holy crap I thought I was imagining things! Yes, this is happening to me too. Sorry to sorta hijack the thread but it's kind of related.. anybody else?

luuuuuuukee

Reaction score
yep, I think. I unrooted to OTA to .340, but now after flashing Rubix 1.9.5 my kernel version is 2.6.32.9, and system version is not shown in "About phone".

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Ok, I didn't notice any difference in what you are talking about... Sorry, I just wanted to make sure what update you were referencing.