Trillian Coming Soon to Android

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trillian-for-Android.png

Instant Messaging (IM) clients are already available for Android in varying flavors, including Yahoo! Messaging, Google Talk, AndChat, and Hello AIM, among others. But so far there has been no decent IM client that handles all of these IM services in one application. And the first thing that may pop into your head when you think of an all-in-one IM client, would be Trillian. Well, today we have great news for you. Trillian is currently working on an Android app, and should have a Beta out within the next few weeks!

So, I guess now we can say, "Droid Does Trillian". With the app, you will be able to connect to AIM, ICQ, IRC, Windows Live!, Facebook Chat, Yahoo!, and Jabber. You will also be able to synchronize all your contacts and accounts with your desktop-based Trillian client. Also, interestingly, Trillian for Android will take advantage of Google's updated push notification system.

Check out a few screenshots below:

Trilldroid-Login-200x300.png
Trilldroid-Contacts.1-200x300.png
Trilldroid-Chat-200x300.png

Trillian for Android will include all the fantastic features of Trillian you are familiar with, such as:

• Connect to Facebook Chat, Windows Live, Yahoo!, AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP and MySpaceIM
  • Synchronize your contacts, avatars, status, accounts and more with your Trillian-enabled desktop or mobile apps
  • Get notified easily with Android notification system integration
  • Contact list sorting, grouping, metacontacts support, privacy settings and various ways to organize
  • Set status, avatar and display name quickly in one simple screen
  • Tabbed chat windows with bubble view, photo transfer, buzz and emoticon support
  • Support for Android phones as far back as version 1.6 – works with your good old T-Mobile G1 or the newest HTC Evo 4G or Motorola Droid!
  • We took special care and respect to design and build the user interface to smoothly integrate with Android – this is not just a clone from the iPhone!
So, my question for the DF community, does anyone still use Trillian? And is anyone looking forward to this app? Also, do keep an eye out for a leaked beta before the official one is released in "a few weeks"!

via Phandroid
source: Cerulean Studios Blog

Last edited:

mottling

Reaction score
I was hoping to use Pidgin for Droid, but I say there hasn't been a UI developed for it yet. I might have to settle with Trillian.

Will Trillian be OTR?

boddah

Reaction score
Bout time! for me, this is the be all and end all of PC instant messaging, hopefully the android version is too

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to use Pidgin for Droid, but I say there hasn't been a UI developed for it yet. I might have to settle with Trillian.

Will Trillian be OTR?

good question. there was no mention of it. you can go ahead and email the developer.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Still use Trillian myself and love it. Nice to be able to use all the different IM's in one interface. There is a new windows version coming soon too with Twitter and Facebook integration amongst other things.

bastosero

Reaction score
Meebo IM pretty much does the same thing as Trillian. I just hope Trillian works much better than Meebo when it comes out. Meebo IM has been out a long while now, too.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
sweet I used to use trillian when I was using ICQ and AIM lol, just wished it had a twitter feature lol

xandor

Reaction score
I believe trillian 5 is supposed to have more twitter features. I can read my twitter feeds in trillian 4 right now. Can't wait for this!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

khelek

Reaction score
And the first thing that may pop into your head when you think of an all-in-one IM client, would be Trillian.

Actually, as a Linux user, it's Pidgin....but, eh....

This is cool. I don't do a whole lot of IM from my phone, but when I do, I've used Meebo. It's worked for what I needed it, but I've heard a lot of good things about Trillian from those who use it, so I would switch to use it.

OTR in Trillian would definitely be sweet....

KevinJ

Reaction score
I've used Trillian for years. I've never put an IM client on my phone, because I've heard bad things about all of them. Hopefully Trillian will rock the Droid.

Of course, since I use my phone 95% of the time as a phone - and nothing else - I might not use Trillian anyways. :D

Daver

Reaction score
Wait, people still use IM clients? Trillian was the best thing back in the day though...