Tried the Eris?

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
Did anyone try the Eris when they went to get their Droid today? I like both of the phones, but the Sense UI is really drawing me towards this model and I am interested to see what others think. I have not had a chance to really play with either.

kekchi

Reaction score
I played with both droids today, before leaving without either. (Waiting a few weeks to see if there will be any more choices before I decide.) Anyway, both have fast browsers and worked smooth to the touch. I really wanted to 'see' the sense in action, so to speak, but the phone at the store had no contacts, had no fb set up, had no messages, etc, so that you really couldn't see how great it would all 'work' together with sense. Without it all being set up, it looked a lot like the vanilla droid.

Hockey4jack

Reaction score
I actually liked the Eris more than the Droid. The Droid had some problems with the store model (I know not to judge off of this, but it didn't seem THAT nice) The Eris, however, had a smooth interface and beautiful screen, typing was flawless. I am also waiting a couple of weeks (will decide before Black Friday) to see what android phone is the best. (If you liked the Eris, I would wait for the Passion, that is what I am going for if it comes to Big Red)

Naut Human

Reaction score
Went in thinking I wanted the Droid, but played with the Eris and I was more impressed with it. The Droid appealed to me because of the physical keyboard, but I was wrong. They really rushed that keyboard and there was nothing I liked about it.

I am going to wait this out some more, I want to see what the Passion brings to the table.

droideris

Reaction score
I played with the phone this weekend and my online order arrives tomorrow. What I like the most so far is the touch calibration for the keyboard. It calibrates to your pressure points and makes typing more accurate. Forget the keyboard on the Moto Droid, I am dying to get my Eris in the mail tomorrow.

G

Grimster

Just got an Eris. This thing feels SOOOO much better in your hand than the Moto Driod. Plus it has Pinch Zoom, and the sense UI is very very nice, and is more pocketable. Moto Droid has a faster CPU though but who cares? The Eris can still do anything the Moto Droid does. Who cares if it takes slightly longer to render webpages ect....and it has been confirmed the Eris is getting 2.0 update also.

ImaDroid

Reaction score
Went to Verizon to get my Droid yesterday...came home empty handed. Played with both the Droid and Eris for about and hour. Liked the droid (alot!) but found byself going back to the Eris. I just liked the size and feel in my hands. Touch screen quite smooth and responsive - typing was a breeze. Found the speed to be plenty adequate for my needs. Like the fact that Eris can synch Outlook directly with PC. All the great features and apps aside, these devices are phones. The Eris was just easier to use as a phone IMHO.

While I lean toward the Eris ($129 with a 1-yr contract vs. $229 for the Droid), will probably wait to see what comes down the pipeline later this month and then make my decision. HTC passion perhaps? It's all good!:)

droideris

Reaction score
got my eris

My eris is here and I have to admit I'm in love. This phone is pretty intuitive and is simply gorgeous. I can't put it down. I love the typing calibration feature and wish it applied to landscape mode too. But overall I'm not disappointed in the slightest.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i really like them both, and honestly.. if the motorola were touch only, i would probably go for the HTC instead. i just feel like i NEED a physical keyboard. if you don't then seriously take a look at the HTC before just jumping on the "top of the line"..

lowtech

Reaction score
I tried the Moto Droid for over a week. I got less and less happy with it - many quirks and issues. I traded for the Eris yesterday.... Ahhhh! Sleek, slim and very good at calls, emails, etc. - all the things I need most, plus fun to use. It's love! :heart:

fking29

Reaction score
I went to verizon to buy the moto droid, but was sold on the eris because of the design and features. The moto droid looks like a clunky hershey bar with gold buttons. Not my style.