Tried iphone, taking back tomorrow for maxx. Opinions?

bricky64

Reaction score
Thursday went to verizon for a new phone. Loved the android thunderbolt, except battery was awful. My daughter has iphone, and pushed it on me, as everyone else loves theirs. I hate it. Miss the android. Taking it back for maxx, but hear complaints of screen quality. Should I get it now, or wait for the next motorola or HTC to come out? Also, best buy will match internet pricing, and $50 rebate for bringing in a old phone. Maxx will cost me only $149.00.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Two questions. What's your old android phone and is it necessary to wait for a better device?

The max has a nice screen but it uses a pentile matrix whichbhas larger Blue and Red sub pixels and can make the outlines of certain things look a little choppy. It really isn't all that noticeable but I would recommend going to your local VZW store and checking out the demo model for your self.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk 2.

OP
B

bricky64

Reaction score
Old phone is Thunderbolt. Dont really need a new phone, just want to. I may hold off for a month or so, and see what other 4G phones come out

B

bens42608

I would either get the Maxx or wait for the Razr HD... the problem with waiting is you never can count on the actual release date...

+1 . Also, ppl here will attack me for saying this but the Droid Bionic is one hell of a deal especially considering the price. U grab one of those, piping an extended battery, go to "About Phone" and check to make sure u have the latest update and you're undefeatable. Otherwise, definately either get the Maddy or wait for the Maddy HD. I'd wait a week or two just to see if anymore details about the HD razr's release date come out cause if it's right around the corner, you'd hate to get the best phone and get one-upped a week later. But unless it isncoming out very very soon, justngo ahead and GET THE RAZR MAXX NOW!!!! Ifeels sooo sexy on ur hand knowing that u can have all the 4g u want all day w/o running out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
$149 jump on it...
The HD will be atleast $299...
Unless the money is of no objective ...

----posted maxx'ed out----

DocsDad

Reaction score
I have no issues with the MAXX screen. Watched Netflix while on the elliptical today. Looked great, lasted forever. Best phone I've had. Dig it :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Thursday went to verizon for a new phone. Loved the android thunderbolt, except battery was awful. My daughter has iphone, and pushed it on me, as everyone else loves theirs. I hate it. Miss the android. Taking it back for maxx, but hear complaints of screen quality. Should I get it now, or wait for the next motorola or HTC to come out? Also, best buy will match internet pricing, and $50 rebate for bringing in a old phone. Maxx will cost me only $149.00.

best buy (or any other retailer) has never matched internet pricing.....and for something with modern tech. the 720p HD screen razr maxx with 13 mpx camera (the one moto released in china a year ago) is coming here soon, or if you'd like to spare yourself moto's bugs get a galaxy nexus now :D

Last edited:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thinking his list of options had NO nexus included :)

----posted maxx'ed out----

jtc303

Reaction score
Im very with my maxx... way better than iphone now that we have call/data capability.. the only iphone has thats better is the camera

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Snoking

Reaction score
Wait for the Rezound to be discounted again. Install the extended battery! You will have a great phone, camera, and battery life.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums