trident electra

droidfarmer

Reaction score
Anybody running the case that comes with the extended battery from Trident? Hows the battery life compared to the factory battery? Or know of any cases that work with an extended battery from VZ.

Last edited:

ELH

Reaction score
Anybody running the case that comes with the extended battery from Trident? Hows the battery life compared to the factory battery? Or know of any cases that work with an extended battery from VZ.

The Motorola extended battery, same one Verizon sells, will fit just fine under the stock door so you can use it with any case.

rbreyes

Reaction score
Haven't tried that particular one, but my experience with third party batteries is that they are a blatant rip-off. I bought two BH6X replacement batteries and the things came labeled "1880 mAh" - except they weren't. They were only 500 mAh and they reported this value to the phone. After multiple conditioning cycles (100% - 10% -100%) they don't give me more than three hours of use. Ditto for a gigantic 3200 mAh battery I tried. It was seen by the DX2 as 1880 mAh (in other words, a BH6X) and didn't even last as long as a real BH6X after six conditioning cycles -- dead in 6 to 7 hours.

Don't waste your money. Stick to the genuine article.

pizza3

Reaction score
Gross generalization! I have both a 3500ma battery from Gorilla Gadgets and an extended battery I bought on ebay for $4. Both of these markedly extend the time available. I have had the former go over 70 hours before I got tired and just plugged it in. The latter is slightly thicker than the stock battery. Currently I have been unplugged 29 hours and my meter still shows "60" % left. Granted I minimize battery use by every known technique but all in all both batteries lasted significantly longer. Maybe I'm just lucky but I think it was worth the shot for four bucks. Word to wise - get the extended door. Sure you can shoehorn it in the case but you are causing undue pressure and maximizing heat accumulation. I found a real cheap door on Amazon which was OEM ($5.50 incl shipping) Bottom line, you can play it safe, and expensive and enrich VZW or take a chance and soar like an eagle, for a lot less (sometimes).