Transparent apps!!

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
THANKS TO ECSNEAD AND JATX2WNE FOR THEIR WORK ON MOST OF THESE APPS, AND TO TP76 FOR GETTING THEM ALL TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE

THIS IS NOT A THEME, IT ONLY REPLACES A FEW APPS IN YOUR SYSTEM/APP LOCATION. THE DIALER, CONTACTS, MESSAGING, GMAIL, GOOGLE QUICK SEARCH, MARKET, PANDORA, AND A FEW OTHER THINGS ARE TRANSPARENT. YOU CAN FLASH THIS OVER ANY VERSION OF GUMMYJAR, AND OVER ANY THEME, ALTHOUGH YOU WILL LOSE THE THEMED ITEMS THIS .ZIP REPLACES. I AM USING IT RIGHT NOW WITH STOCK GUMMYJAR AND THE TRANSPARENT DIALER, CONTACTS, AND MESSAGING ARE JUST THE RIGHT TOUCH.

**UNINSTALL PANDORA BEFORE FLASHING THIS IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT...

TO INSTALL: BOOT INTO RECOVERY, DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING!!!MOUNT SYSTEM, FLASH, AND REBOOT.

Im just gonna post a link to the thread where i found these apps ...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-inversion-conversion/

Last edited:

cuedroid

Reaction score
Amazing!....I just did the transparent calculator. It looks awesome on my wallpaper. Thanks for the link to the post.

markhamr

Reaction score
Can you post a direct link, I'm having trouble finding it. TIA!

El Poblano

Reaction score
Aren't these for the og droid? Plus I didn't find any update zips in the forum, maybe I just missed it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DThomp

Reaction score
The only one's I got working were the Gmail, calculator, the DroidForums.net one, and the LatinIME. I did not try the messaging one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

irish22022

Reaction score
noob here...

Trying to get a few of these on my phone. Got 2.5 and all that, already have your frost theme on.

Go into to recovery, mount system and then go to load zip file or whatever. I put all the apk's that I wanted into a file, compressed it to .zip, put on sd card.

Now I try to get that zip onto the phone, and no luck.

Tips?

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Put the apks you want in a folder called app. Move that folder into a folder called system, zip it up, name the zip update and flash it. Should work
noob here...

Trying to get a few of these on my phone. Got 2.5 and all that, already have your frost theme on.

Go into to recovery, mount system and then go to load zip file or whatever. I put all the apk's that I wanted into a file, compressed it to .zip, put on sd card.

Now I try to get that zip onto the phone, and no luck.

Tips?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You have to use an update.zip template with the updater scripts...

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Or you can do it this way, the way that works .

irish22022

Reaction score
just looked into how I get one of those... Pretty above me, no question about it.

Oh well... My desire for a themed Gummy Jar that defaults to LPP will have to wait :(. I hate ADW so much for some reason.

Is there a way for me to get these files without having to create an update.zip template? I want really want them, but I want them with the frost theme. Mostly music, gmail, contacts/dialer, facebook and google search.

irish22022

Reaction score

I have 6 or so apks in a folder called "app". I put that into a folder called "system". Zipped it up and renamed the .zip "update".

When I go into recovery, do I just click the "update.zip" option from the initial screen or do I look for it in the directory? I've tried both and it doesn't seem to work (unless it's normal for it to say installing update... and have the progress bar stand completely still. Maybe i'm just being impatient?

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There should be an update.zip template floating around for the D2 or the equivalent type zip, just putting them into files and naming them "update" wont work, you need the updater scripts and a few other files for it to work..

OP
mikeyinid

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you wait til I get home I will put the apks you want in a flashable zip. Thanks for helpin ecsnead. I don't know as much as id like to think I do about this stuff :)

I have 6 or so apks in a folder called "app". I put that into a folder called "system". Zipped it up and renamed the .zip "update".

When I go into recovery, do I just click the "update.zip" option from the initial screen or do I look for it in the directory? I've tried both and it doesn't seem to work (unless it's normal for it to say installing update... and have the progress bar stand completely still. Maybe i'm just being impatient?

irish22022

Reaction score
If you wait til I get home I will put the apks you want in a flashable zip. Thanks for helpin ecsnead. I don't know as much as id like to think I do about this stuff :)

I'd be more then happy to wait. Thanks both of you for the info. I googled update.zip template and just found instruction on how to make your own, but it's dealing with command prompts and codes it seems like, and that stuff is pretty over my head.

Thanks again.

Cytochrome

Reaction score

This is what you need, the update zip is attached, it is a blank ClockWork update. Use 7zip and navigate to the "/system/app" folder within this zip. Put all your apk's in there. Reboot into recovery and apply update. Hope this helps :)

BTW the transparent calculator app has the "vibrate on keypress" turned on by default even if I turn it off in the settings, is it just me?

Last edited: