transferring media

Bigbunny

Reaction score
Yet another dorky question from me.....

When I want to transfer pictures to my computer, somehow every single picture from my phone is transferring, including movie covers from red box. How do I transfer only new photos that I choose? I am guessing there must be a simple way.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Depends on what you are using for that. In USB storage mode, you can open the phone's DCIM folder and manually copy the files you need.

OP
B

Bigbunny

Reaction score
I'm not sure...

All I did was plug in the USB cable and everything started automatically. Is there something I do to open the DCIM folder before everything starts?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Are you running Motorola's Vcast Media Manager? I don't have any experience with that, but normally, the PC should just present a window that goes “Choose an action” for the new “removable disk” it sees.

Check the USB connection mode. When you connect the phone, there's a new item available in the notifications; slide out the notification list, and tap that notification. Set USB mode to Mass storage, and then open Windows Explorer, go to the new Removable Disk you see there, and open the DCIM folder.

OP
B

Bigbunny

Reaction score
Ok I will try that. Thanks so much!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Jonas

Reaction score
I think the vzw media manager auto syncs. I would turn it off, and manually drag and drop from the dcim folder like stated above. You could even copy the whole folder and just paste it. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Banana Phone