Transfer music from phone to computer

NElliott

Reaction score
Is there a way to transfer music that I have downloaded on my phone over to my computer? I have a lot of good songs on there and I would like to move them to my computer so I can make a CD or put on my IPOD. Is there a way I can do this?

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
They should download to your sdcard, just plug the phone in to your pc and copy over from the sd.

Sent from a D2 runnin GB.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also sync all your music to dropbox and then you can access it from any device. But for simplicities sake, sd to pc will work fine. Its always good to make a copy of the entire sd just in case data gets corupt or if you ever need/want to format the sd card

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

OP
N

NElliott

Reaction score
I have tried connecting to the computer but I still get no options on how to copy anything from my sd card to my pc! Can someone explain how this should work? Should I get a message asking me to copy the data? or do I need to go into a file somewhere to tell it to do this? I just don't think I understand how this works, I am somewhat challenged when it comes to some of this stuff! Any details and help is much appreciated!

wyld

Reaction score
I've never had any luck summing with usb cable so I just the SD card in my computer it self and transfer movies music pis everything that way putting the micro SD card inside an adapter

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Not really sure how the Inc works when plugged in to a PC. On my D2 I plug it, drop down the status bar, choose USB mass storage, go to My Computer on PC, find the sdcard as an option, then choose selected files to copy over.

Sent from a D2 runnin GB.

hotdog12

Reaction score
Just connect your Droid Incredible to your PC with a USB cable, wait about 30 seconds for your computer to recognize your Droid's card, then find your music. Drag and drop it onto your PC. Works great.

Sent from DInc

OP
N

NElliott

Reaction score
My problem is I can't find my music!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you go into your music players settings there should be a tab with the folder that the files are being exported to. Mine are in media and also music. It shouldn't be too hard to find once you look around on the sd

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
N

NElliott

Reaction score
Nothing I do works! I can't even get my computer to read my phone it only connects me to the internet and I am getting frustrated!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

hotdog12

Reaction score
Sounds like you have two problems. First, you need to connect to your computer via USB. Are you using that lousy Verizon software on your PC? Turn it off or uninstall it and use the computer's interface. It takes about 15-30 seconds for the computer to recognize the microSD card in your phone.

My music is located in several files on the microSD card: "Music" "Music Box Pro" "Music Box" and SD Card. You may need to scroll around a bit depending on your music download software.

Timmberr

Reaction score
I found your question while searching for a way to transfer from my computer to my droid. The answers presented were not exactly what I needed either, but... They did get me to look into my phones settings. I found: go to Settings icon; Under 'Wireless and Networks', I selected 'More...' ; From there I selected 'Tethering & Portable hotspot' ; there I found my 'USB tethering' was not selected, SO I SELECTED THIS (this enables the USB cable to work with a PC to open / transfer Windows files). And that fixed my problem of connecting my Droid to a computer.

cytheriamiller

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
htc
If your phone/tablet has an SD card, there is a MUCH easier way to do this is:
1. Simply unmount your SD card on your device and then remove it
2. Plug the SD card into your computer's card reader
3. Add a folder called "Music" if one doesn't exist on the SD card
4. Move all the songs/albums you want from your Media Player library into the Music folder on the SD card (including album art)
5. Put the SD card back into your device, and your device reads the media on the SD card and you're ready to transfer music between Android and computer.

Last edited:

aishiteru

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
If you want to transfer music from HTC phone to computer, just connect it to computer via usb cable. Start a pro HTC mobile manager tool, which allows us get access to all music files and export them to computer directly.

Last edited: