**Transfer music from iTunes to droid?**

the Gnome

Reaction score
Any idea? I have no clue how I would go about this.

:motdroidhoriz: Kind Regards

garment69

Reaction score

On my computer, all Itunes music is stored in my documents under music. Itunes is listed there. You just drill down until you find the music files. then its just drag and drop.

mapexvenus

Reaction score

On my computer, all Itunes music is stored in my documents under music. Itunes is listed there. You just drill down until you find the music files. then its just drag and drop.

Important thing to note is that you cannot transfer any content you purchased from iTunes using the above process. There are work around to do that though.

garment69

Reaction score

Important thing to note is that you cannot transfer any content you purchased from iTunes using the above process. There are work around to do that though.

Thats the process I followed and it worked fine.

MarkDF

Reaction score

That's the easy part. Now if we only had a player that was as easy to use/full featured as itunes (smart playlists, sleep timer, browser interface).

mapexvenus

Reaction score

Then it is my bad. I assumed that Apple's DRM would prevent the music from playing on another device, but I think Apple is no longer using DRM on music purchased on the iTunes stores. However, they DO continue to use DRM on video content.

garment69

Reaction score

Then it is my bad. I assumed that Apple's DRM would prevent the music from playing on another device, but I think Apple is no longer using DRM on music purchased on the iTunes stores. However, they DO continue to use DRM on video content.

Yes, Apple no longer protects thier music with DRM so its easy to drag and drop.

OP
T

the Gnome

Reaction score

Yes, Apple no longer protects thier music with DRM so its easy to drag and drop.

Would it matter if I am still using an older version of iTunes? Or should I go ahead and update my software.

:motdroidhoriz:

Guurzak

Reaction score
Any music you have already bought in DRM format (*.m4a files) will not be un-DRMed just by upgrading your iTunes. You can either pay Apple even more money to unlock the files you already bought from them, or you can use a program like Tunebite to convert them to mp3's.

OP
T

the Gnome

Reaction score
Any music you have already bought in DRM format (*.m4a files) will not be un-DRMed just by upgrading your iTunes. You can either pay Apple even more money to unlock the files you already bought from them, or you can use a program like Tunebite to convert them to mp3's.

Humm... Good knowledge. I'll play with that.

:motdroidhoriz:

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use ITunes Agent. It takes whatever I setup in iTunes and sends it to the Droid.

On the Droid I use MixZing as the Audio Player as it does better with Playlists, IMHO.

Oh and BTW, I listen to Audio Books 90% of the time, in case that matters.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I just drag/drop my iTunes purchased music to my SD card via USB and they play automatically on the stock music player, with album cover and all... very easy actually.

devil94

Reaction score
I use ITunes Agent. It takes whatever I setup in iTunes and sends it to the Droid.

On the Droid I use MixZing as the Audio Player as it does better with Playlists, IMHO.

Oh and BTW, I listen to Audio Books 90% of the time, in case that matters.

I'm satisfied with creating a Droid playlist in iTunes and using iTunes Agent to sync, but wish I didn't have to copy specific songs into the Droid playlist and could instead leverage the native iTunes capability to sync only the music I've checked.

I also have switched to MixZing - mostly for the recommendations capability. UI is very touch screen friendly, unlike some other music applications.

altjx

Reaction score
Make sure you're dragging the music into the "media/audio" folder. That's where the music is stored on my SD Card. Didn't see anyone mention that, just thought it'd be great to mention it.