Tracking app usage

lisaleese

Reaction score
Anyone know of any apps on the market that track which apps on your Droid that you access/use the most?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How exactly do you intend to define usage? Consider things like Tasker, widgets, and apps that run in the background that you use but do not interact directly with all the time. It's the same issue that was brought up with the recent Nielsen study that compared time used on the web versus time used in apps.

agrvaibhav

Reaction score
App usage is the time which is spent on a particular app by the user. Also, at that point the user is also directly interacting with the app. So, for that, the app needs to be on top of the Activity or App Stack.
As mentioned, the app made by me(mentioned above) tracks which app is getting used, and uses this information to come up with app usage.

Obviously, the web VS app has intensified due to the fact that the two differ in a lot of ways but also possess similarity.

agrvaibhav

Reaction score
Defining App Usage

App usage is the time which is spent on a particular app by the user. Also, at that point the user is also directly interacting with the app. So, for that, the app needs to be on top of the Activity or App Stack.
As mentioned, the app made by me(mentioned above) tracks which app is getting used, and uses this information to come up with app usage.

Obviously, the web VS app has intensified due to the fact that the two differ in a lot of ways but also possess similarity.

OP
lisaleese

lisaleese

Reaction score
@agrvaibhav, that is indeed what I was looking for.. not usage "behind the scenes," but stuff I was actually interacting with. Thank you!

strongse

Reaction score
I tried the hyperlink in your reply but it said it was a dead end. What is the name of the app I would like to try it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

thereegavin

Reaction score
I have created one app for this purpose.

seo4.jpg
signature.jpg

xiaoliu3.jpg